Patriarchal Blessing Clerk Action Required Notification

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
daron

Patriarchal Blessing Clerk Action Required Notification

Post by daron »

I got this email from the church on a no-reply email:

Dear Ward Clerk Baird, Daron,

This is an automated message from the Patriarchal Blessing Submission System. The blessing for "Member Name" requires membership updates to be applied to MLS.

This is the second one of these I've gotten. Their record seems to be up to date. I also check to make sure MLS had the latest updates. Any hints to what is causing this?

Thanks for any hints where to look.

Daron Baird
Lexington Park Ward Clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Patriarchal Blessing Clerk Action Required Notification

Post by russellhltn »

I'll take a wild guess that they need an individual email address.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
daron

Post by daron »

Their email is there and is correct.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd either send a special request via MLS, or call Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drangel

Post by drangel »

As a ward clerk, I had the same email message stating that the member "requires membership updates to be applied to MLS".

I called the clerk hotline and the tech also was not able to understand why the bishop wasn't able to submit if the member information was correct from what we could see. He suggested to go through the Membership Audit exercise hoping that the discrepancy would be noted on the report. The report did not but I asked my bishop to request/submit the Patriarchal Blessing Submission again and it worked!

... I wonder if the system automatically sends that message if it appears that the membership info is out of date (the member requesting the blessing was elderly and was/is a Deacon... Hope this helps.
klwilkinson

Post by klwilkinson »

When a bishop adds a recommend for a patriarchal blessing in the Patriarchal Blessing Recommend System (PBSS), he is supposed to verify the membership information that will appear on the header of the blessing (i.e. birth date, birth place, father's name, mother's name). The bishop can either update the membership information in MLS/LCR or edit the information in PBSS. If the bishop makes the changes in PBSS, a notification will be sent to the clerk that the membership information needs updated.

In my previous stake, I noticed that the bishops generally just assumed the membership information was accurate and submitted the recommends to the patriarch. However, the patriarch was very thorough and reviewed this information with the members prior to giving a blessing and he would edit the membership information.
A couple of common errors he would see are: 1) Incomplete or misspelled names of the parents, and 2) Incomplete information for the birthplace. The birthplace should be listed as city, county, state and not contain abbreviations (i.e. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Oklahoma). Any changes he made would also send a notification to the clerks.

If you receive a notification that the membership information needs to be updated, but are unable to identify what changes need to be made, you can either review the membership information with the member to identify what changes the bishop or patriarch made or login to PBSS and there is a "Notifications" menu on the left panel that should list any notifications and provide more detail (at least I could as a stake clerk). If you are unable to login to PBSS, the bishop will need to talk to your bishop and ask that he add you as a user. He can do this using the "Manage Users" menu when he is logged in to PBSS.
jamesporteous

Post by jamesporteous »

As the new Stake Patriarch I was trying to request my blessing but it keeps telling me befire you can request a blessing the Sate/Province/Region needs to be filled in, this cannot be done within the blessing system as the drop down menu for Stake/Province/Region does not contain Midlothian County and it cannot be typed in I have already contacted global help but it is still not rersolved today 13 April at 12.00 midnight UK time. Anyone out there with this problem
Jim Porteous

Return to “Membership Help”