Returning X Member

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
gfhirschi

Returning X Member

Post by gfhirschi »

I have some one that was a member Left the church and now has been re- Baptized . When I tried to enter
his information to create a record, I get a message that might be a duplicate record. Does church hold information
on people that leave the Church . Maybe even been disciplined.
mfmohlma

Re: Returning X Member

Post by mfmohlma »

Assuming the Handbook instructions were followed, your first step at LCR should have been under Membership->Confidential->Request Minutes or Documents. Subsequent steps would have required using other menu items under that same menu.

If you are an Assistant Ward Clerk -- Membership you may not see those menu items and the ward clerk or bishop would have to access them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

See Handbook 1: 6.14.4. A re-admission is not handled the same way as a brand new convert.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

gfhirschi wrote:I have some one that was a member Left the church and now has been re- Baptized .
When a person leaves the Church and later is baptized, Church headquarters prepares the membership record and then makes it available to you through the Membership system, including LCR and MLS.

Return to “Membership Help”