Ward map places member in wrong location

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rjamesh77

Ward map places member in wrong location

Post by rjamesh77 »

We have a less active member on our ward roll that clearly should be in an adjacent ward. Here's the rub. Her correct address (in the other unit) places her on our ward's map - on a creek (no road). I have verified her address using the county real estate website, which I trust in terms of accuracy. Does anyone know what the system flaw is that is causing her map marker to show up in our ward boundaries? I'm ready to get her record sent out but not sure if the map problem will cause it to get bounced back. Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward map places member in wrong location

Post by russellhltn »

I think it's using Google's geo-coding. You can test that by going to maps.google.com and entering that address there.

You might double-check that the address is formatted correctly. An incorrect format will give wild results.

Before sending the records, you might call the other unit and give them a heads up on the situation.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”