Record birth and blessing certificate

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
marcfromm

Re: Record birth and blessing certificate

Post by marcfromm »

Thanks everyone. It's all clear now with the new lcr online procedure and the older handbook terminology.
tomhoppell

Post by tomhoppell »

Was recording birth and blessing certificate and adding the one (1) new child to parents and somehow ended up with two (2) babies with different Record Numbers. Need to remove one of the babies. Unable to find a way to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated. tomhoppell@aol.com
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There should be a "remove duplicate record" function somewhere. Perhaps under "delete record". Although, I'm not sure if that function is in LCR yet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I think you take care of this at LCR with a merge function now.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

It's under Membership > Merge Duplicate Records in LCR now.
dbrewerton

Post by dbrewerton »

The problem I'm having is to add a blessing. New baby, mother a member, father not. Blessing done out of province by the baby's uncle. I have all of the details and the mother requesting the birth and blessing be recorded as with her other two children. I've created the baby and he shows under Mom's file as a child. I can get the Blessing Certificate, but not get LCR to actually record the blessing on the child's file. Is this not an LCR function yet and must be done in MLS?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

dbrewerton wrote:I can get the Blessing Certificate, but not get LCR to actually record the blessing on the child's file. Is this not an LCR function yet and must be done in MLS?
Blessings have never been recorded on membership records. They are not saving ordinances. In MLS it would temporarily store the blessing information to make it easier to print the certificate but the blessing information was never transferred to CHQ and would be lost when the membership record moved to a new unit. In LCR, the blessing information just isn't stored at all. So if you've created the record and printed the certificate then you've done everything you need to do.
mcdanielgaroldstephen1

Post by mcdanielgaroldstephen1 »

I proceeded to follow the instructions to Create a Record for a newborn but soon ran into questions. 1. When I entered father and mother's name, both were preferred names vice full names. Also, the mother's last name was married name vice maiden. Am I doing something wrong or is that the way the program is supposed to work?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

mcdanielgaroldstephen1 wrote:I proceeded to follow the instructions to Create a Record for a newborn but soon ran into questions. 1. When I entered father and mother's name, both were preferred names vice full names. Also, the mother's last name was married name vice maiden. Am I doing something wrong or is that the way the program is supposed to work?
If you're talking about the names that show when selecting the mother and father from the list of members of the ward and which display immediately after selecting, then yes. It shows the preferred name and age to help make sure you've selected the correct person. When it creates the record the child will be linked to the parent's membership record directly. And when it generates the blessing certificate it will use the the fathers full name and the mothers full maiden name which are pulled from the parent's membership records.

Return to “Membership Help”