Baptism not recorded and now baptiser is now passed away

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
notchback

Baptism not recorded and now baptiser is now passed away

Post by notchback »

We have a situation where a child was baptized last year and the baptism was not recorded. The former bishopric counselor anrmer bishop both have knowledge it was done. We have the date and know who baptized and confirmed the child. When I tried to enter the information, it wants to look up the person who preformed the baptism. Unfortunately, he has passed away since then, so it can't find him. Is there a way to overide this?

TIA
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Baptism not recorded and now baptiser is now passed away

Post by russellhltn »

notchback wrote:Unfortunately, he has passed away since then, so it can't find him. Is there a way to overide this?
I'm pretty sure there is, but it may not be obvious. After all, the person could be from outside of the ward or stake. I'd explore with just entering the name directly into the field.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

notchback wrote:We have a situation where a child was baptized last year and the baptism was not recorded. The former bishopric counselor anrmer bishop both have knowledge it was done. We have the date and know who baptized and confirmed the child. When I tried to enter the information, it wants to look up the person who preformed the baptism. Unfortunately, he has passed away since then, so it can't find him. Is there a way to overide this?
You can select a deceased ordinance performer by entering their information when recording the ordinance. When recording who performed the baptism, select "A member from a different ward or branch." Enter the member's name and birth date and then click the Lookup button.
cspinfo@telus.net

Post by cspinfo@telus.net »

@scgallafent

This is a known method & it works in my experience. What if we have a name & MRN but no birthdate? Is it possible to do a lookup that way?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

cspinfo@telus.net wrote:This is a known method & it works in my experience. What if we have a name & MRN but no birthdate? Is it possible to do a lookup that way?
In that case, enter the MRN in the field. The prompt text inside the field says "MRN or Name (Family, Given)".
notchback

Post by notchback »

Problem solved. His widow provided his member number and it all went through.
cspinfo@telus.net

Post by cspinfo@telus.net »

notchback wrote:Problem solved. His widow provided his member number and it all went through.
@notchback
Questions: was the previous suggestion tried, by using Name & DoB, & choosing "A member from a different ward or branch"? If yes, what was the result?

Return to “Membership Help”