Photos on LDs.ORG, But not on LDS TOOLS

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rghart

Photos on LDs.ORG, But not on LDS TOOLS

Post by rghart »

I am a membership clerk. I was taking photos of the youth and uploading them to LDS.org. The pictures uploaded OK and then showed up on LDSTOOLS. Now I can upload them and they show in LDS.org but not on my Android devices. They do show up on my wife's iPad mini. My phone is Note 5 with android 6.0.1
Any ideas?
mfmohlma

Re: Photos on LDs.ORG, But not on LDS TOOLS

Post by mfmohlma »

What version of LDS Tools are you running? You can try the newest beta version here if you like to see if it helps: http://tech.lds.org/dl/android/ It's working well for me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There as a recent transition in photo services. The photos might have gone into the new service - but I don't know what service LDS Tools pulls from. It would have to be up to date to pull from the current service, so make sure you have the current version of LDS Tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
paulw

Post by paulw »

I've recently had troubles with photos as well. Yesterday I updated the pictures for my family and I'm baffled at the results. I uploaded my household photo and photo of my daughter via lds.org. I uploaded individual photos for my wife and I via the Android 3.1.0-BETA app.

lds.org "My Household" now shows:
  • Household photo - yes
  • My photo - missing
  • Wife's photo - missing
  • Daughter's photo - I had to try a few times but it eventually assigned to my daughter and was showing last night for a bit but now it's missing.
lds.org "Manage Photos" properly shows all of the updated photos!!

Android app 3.1.0-BETA shows:
  • Household photo - yes
  • My photo - yes
  • Wife's photo - yes
  • Daughter's photo - missing
Old iPhone app 2.3.1 shows:
  • Household photo - old household photo
  • My photo - missing
  • Wife's photo - missing
  • Daughter's photo - missing
4 different views into the data, 4 different results. I wouldn't be surprised if I asked someone else in the ward and they see yet another mishmash of the photos.

This is unacceptable. I've synced the apps multiple times to see if it'd fix the photo issues with no luck. As I'm an approver in the ward for uploaded photos I've verified there are no pending photos awaiting approval. I'd at least expect lds.org to properly show the photos. Not having consistency showing photos between different versions of the app, assuming that's why the iPhone has the old household photo, is poor programming and/or software design.

Return to “Membership Help”