Just need some guidance

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
pjm2578

Just need some guidance

Post by pjm2578 »

Hello everybody,

I have an issue I am working on and was looking for a liitle guidance from the group here. I have an 8 year old girl in our ward who never had a membership record created for her. Her mom was baptized 1.5 years ago and the little girl slipped through the cracks. MlS will not let me create a record for her. After reading in the handbook it does not appear she would be considered an convert baptism since mom is a member. She is going to be baptized next month. I found a tab in MLS "Child without record baptism" Is this the proper way to go on this issue? Looks like after she is baptized I can record everything at that point? Thank you for your help in this matter.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Just need some guidance

Post by russellhltn »

As long as she's still 8 when you record the baptism, that should work just fine.

You might want to go though the records of other converts to catch any similar problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pjm2578

Post by pjm2578 »

Thank you for your help.
gwatkins

Membership records

Post by gwatkins »

Is it necessary to maintain a hard copy of the membership in a file in the ward clerk's office now that we have access to this information on line?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Membership records

Post by russellhltn »

gwatkins wrote:Is it necessary to maintain a hard copy of the membership in a file in the ward clerk's office now that we have access to this information on line?
I'd chock that up to bishop's prerogative. I don't think hard copy has been necessary since the days when CHQ printed them and sent them to the units.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Dougan85

Post by Dougan85 »

On August 7, 2016, while reviewing membership records on the MLS site, I observed two members who had been moved out of our ward over one year ago. The records for these two people do not show up on the LCR site. The families were not included in the re-posting. How can I take them off the MLS Site.
rontilby

Post by rontilby »

MLS has an option to refresh membership data. I believe it is under the "File" drop-down menu. Select it then do a send-receive. After at least one hour, do another send-receive. You should get a fresh membership file that matches what is in Leader & Clerk Resources on the lds.org web site.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Dougan85 wrote:On August 7, 2016, while reviewing membership records on the MLS site, I observed two members who had been moved out of our ward over one year ago. The records for these two people do not show up on the LCR site. The families were not included in the re-posting. How can I take them off the MLS Site.
Do a unit data refresh. That will replace the membership data in MLS with the data from CHQ (which is what LCR shows).

Return to “Membership Help”