Out of Unit Leadership callings

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Android29

Re: Out of Unit Leadership callings

Post by Android29 »

It doesn't matter if I enter his membership number or his name, it returns the same error.
I've copied and pasted it, typed, it etc.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Android29 wrote:Question: How do I, as a Stake Clerk, "add him as an out-of-unit-member" ? Or is this something the Branch Clerk needs to do ?
For example: Member to be Branch President, resides in Our stake in Ward #1. Somehow we need to add him as an out-of-unit Member of the 23rd Branch ? Correct ? That is what I need steps to do.
Either the existing branch president or branch clerk needs to add him to the branch as an out-of-unit member before you can make the assignment. Have one of them log in and choose Membership > Manage Out-of-Unit Members and go through the process there. Once that is done, you should be able to make the assignment.

We have planned a change that should improve this process.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I know the Bishop of a Ward has to be a high priest, but I'm not sure what's required for a branch president in a stake.
An elder will do, or a priest in the Aaronic priesthood, if there are no worthy elders.
Android29

Post by Android29 »

scgallafent wrote:
Android29 wrote:Question: How do I, as a Stake Clerk, "add him as an out-of-unit-member" ? Or is this something the Branch Clerk needs to do ?
For example: Member to be Branch President, resides in Our stake in Ward #1. Somehow we need to add him as an out-of-unit Member of the 23rd Branch ? Correct ? That is what I need steps to do.
Either the existing branch president or branch clerk needs to add him to the branch as an out-of-unit member before you can make the assignment. Have one of them log in and choose Membership > Manage Out-of-Unit Members and go through the process there. Once that is done, you should be able to make the assignment.

We have planned a change that should improve this process.
Great. I will ask our Branch Clerk to do this and I will quit banging my head against the wall :-)
Android29

Post by Android29 »

Ok, the Branch Clerk set him as an out of unit member to the Branch. Now, when I try to assign the new Branch President, I get past the original error but when I click Save it says " the member is not qualified to fill this calling." I know this has to be something obvious like he's not baptized, doesn't have the priesthood etc. But, of course he has all that. Is this a bug or is there something else we are missing ? - thanks again.

Return to “Membership Help”