Child of Record not baptized by 18 but is now baptized

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cnilsson

Child of Record not baptized by 18 but is now baptized

Post by cnilsson »

We still have in our records a 'child of record' for someone who was not baptized at 8 and has remained in our records for quite some time. That person is now 27, baptized (after 18 years of age at some point), and married in the temple. The person no longer lives in our ward but the parents do. According to the handbook:

{quote removed}

My question is this: Should we still 'cancel' the record? If not, what do I do with it? Our records do not show that the person was baptized even though we know that happened. Thanks!
Last edited by russellhltn on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote of Handbook 1 removed
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Child of Record not baptized by 18 but is now baptized

Post by russellhltn »

The Code of Conduct does not permit quoting Handbook 1, so it was removed.
cnilsson wrote:The person no longer lives in our ward but the parents do.
First question: do you have his record? By that, I mean if you go to pull up an individal record, is he in the list? (He will appear as a child on his parent's individual record - that's just genealogy information. It has nothing to do with records in the ward.) If you don't have his record, then you can't cancel it.

I suspect what's happening is that he either has a duplicate record or his parent's records are not linking to his true membership record.

I think the best way to deal with this is to call Local Unit support so you can figure out exactly what's going on and what it takes to fix it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”