Submit an Application to the First Presidency

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
craigcutler

Re: Submit an Application to the First Presidency

Post by craigcutler »

Sealing Cancellation: Where is the template for the letter to the former spouse?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In a quick thumb though the Handbook, I don't see where the unit would contact the former spouse. Are you sure that's a requirement and if it is, that it's the unit that does that and not CHQ?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

craigcutler wrote:Sealing Cancellation: Where is the template for the letter to the former spouse?
Instructions are online at LCR with the Application to the First Presidency. It is my understanding that the app will now generate the needed letter during the preparation process.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:In a quick thumb though the Handbook, I don't see where the unit would contact the former spouse.
It is not in the Handbook. And yes, the bishop or stake president obtains that letter as part of the application process before it is sent to the First Presidency. Complete requirements and instructions are in the Application.
beantobe

Post by beantobe »

russellhltn wrote:
aschmutz09 wrote:I can not find the link or the form, is trere any way someone can send me the link ? thank you. I need to cancel my temple sealing, I am engaged and want to be sealed to my future husband. Thank you.
Only Bishops and Stake Presidents have access to that. You'll have to talk with your Bishop.
So clerks definitely do not have access? I have looked everywhere I can think and can't find it. Bishop has asked me to put a letter/application together for him for a cancelation. Want to exhaust all resources before reporting back to him that I had no luck.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

beantobe wrote:So clerks definitely do not have access? I have looked everywhere I can think and can't find it. Bishop has asked me to put a letter/application together for him for a cancelation. Want to exhaust all resources before reporting back to him that I had no luck.
If you go to "other" in the toolbar in LCR, you should see an "access table". That's probably where I got that information. With the change in permissions for a STS, I no longer have access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

beantobe wrote:So clerks definitely do not have access? I have looked everywhere I can think and can't find it. Bishop has asked me to put a letter/application together for him for a cancelation. Want to exhaust all resources before reporting back to him that I had no luck.
Clerks do not have access. The bishop has to do it.
prowcc

Sealing paoerwork

Post by prowcc »

How do I find out where my sealing paperwork ended up since i moved out of my old stake? Or find out if I received a cancellation of my sealing so that I am able to be sealed to my husband when our year anniversary gets here on June 9, 2019?
My husband's (then boyfriend's) paoerwork was never turned in after sending it to his Bishop. Our current Bishop just sent it to the Stake and my husband met with the Stake Pres. last night, so his should be arriving to Salt Lake any moment.
We are just wondering how to find out if my paoerwork was ever sent to Salt Lake....?
Additionally we are buying a house back in my old Stake, so we will be moving back into [that] Stake this month.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Sealing paoerwork

Post by lajackson »

prowcc wrote:How do I find out where my sealing paperwork ended up since i moved out of my old stake?
Your current bishop and stake president will be able to find out for you, and they may need to contact your former stake president to do so. But that would be the best way to find out.
dennishaymore

Post by dennishaymore »

Can I as a member summit a application for a sealing clearance or does it have to come from my Branch President.

[Moderator Note: Personal information deleted. This is a public forum.]

Return to “Membership Help”