Submit an Application to the First Presidency

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jasonfitt

Submit an Application to the First Presidency

Post by jasonfitt »

Where do I find the Application to the First Presidency form? We need to request a sealing clearance so a member in our unit can remarry in the temple who was sealed to his previous wife. Handbook 1 (3.6.1) says units can obtain a paper copy of the form from the recording-keeping software (I'm assuming that's MLS). I looked all through MLS and could not find it. The Record-Keeping and Technology Support webpage on LDS.org says the bishop can submit it online by logging on to LDS.org, then Clerk Resources, then Membership tab, then select Application to the First Presidency under the Confidential heading. However, that link is not there for him.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Submit an Application to the First Presidency

Post by aebrown »

It's in MLS in the confidential reports section (lower left corner of the main screen of MLS).
jasonfitt

Post by jasonfitt »

aebrown wrote:It's in MLS in the confidential reports section (lower left corner of the main screen of MLS).
Ok, thanks. Our bishop actually would prefer to fill the form out and submit it online if possible. Apparently LDS.org says this can be done. Any ideas why the link would not be visible for him there, or anywhere else it might be?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The Access Table says Application to the First Presidency is not yet available.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
32cffc

Post by 32cffc »

Is the Application to the First Presidency Form now available on the wed site or is it still a MLS only form?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Applications to the First Presidency are now online-only. From a letter dated June 1, 2015:
Beginning July 1, 2015, priesthood leaders in all areas of the world that have access to a reliable Internet connection are to complete and submit Application to the First Presidency documents electronically. The online tool is to be used for all purposes of the application: sealing clearance, cancellation of temple sealing, reinstatement or readmission requiring First Presidency approval, and restoration of priesthood and temple blessings. ...
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
aschmutz09

Post by aschmutz09 »

I can not find the link or the form, is trere any way someone can send me the link ? thank you. I need to cancel my temple sealing, I am engaged and want to be sealed to my future husband. Thank you.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

aschmutz09 wrote:I can not find the link or the form, is trere any way someone can send me the link ? thank you. I need to cancel my temple sealing, I am engaged and want to be sealed to my future husband. Thank you.
You need to visit with your bishop to start this process.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aschmutz09 wrote:I can not find the link or the form, is trere any way someone can send me the link ? thank you. I need to cancel my temple sealing, I am engaged and want to be sealed to my future husband. Thank you.
Only Bishops and Stake Presidents have access to that. You'll have to talk with your Bishop.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
madz20

Post by madz20 »

sbradshaw wrote:Applications to the First Presidency are now online-only. From a letter dated June 1, 2015:
Beginning July 1, 2015, priesthood leaders in all areas of the world that have access to a reliable Internet connection are to complete and submit Application to the First Presidency documents electronically. The online tool is to be used for all purposes of the application: sealing clearance, cancellation of temple sealing, reinstatement or readmission requiring First Presidency approval, and restoration of priesthood and temple blessings. ...

Is the online form the same regardless if it's a for a sealing clearance or sealing cancellation? My fiancé is seeking to get a sealing clearance, but the electronic version that his bishop sent him read "Sealing Clearance Form" at the top. We are worried and don't want to fill out all of the information if it is not the correct form. Thanks.

Return to “Membership Help”