7 year old assigned to relief society

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
siniscalchi00

7 year old assigned to relief society

Post by siniscalchi00 »

Hello,
We have a child in our ward that is 7 years old. Under classes, she is assigned to CTR 7 as well as Relief Society. I have tried to edit the RS society assignment, but I cannot make it go away. Any ideas?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: 7 year old assigned to relief society

Post by lajackson »

siniscalchi00 wrote:Hello,
We have a child in our ward that is 7 years old. Under classes, she is assigned to CTR 7 as well as Relief Society. I have tried to edit the RS society assignment, but I cannot make it go away. Any ideas?
Birthdate incorrect? Was she put into Relief Society by default and into CTR 7 manually?

I would check her membership record very carefully for something there (or not there) that might trigger the computer to think her birthday was something different than it is. If you cannot find anything, I would send a message to Local Unit Support.

Is it the same in LCR and in MLS? It might also be a corrupted record in the database.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I know RS can be assigned manually for a 17yo who has graduated high school. Likewise a 18yo can be moved back to Laurels. So there has to be some kind of edit function. OP might just need someone to show them where that control is.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
phensley

Post by phensley »

You think that's something.... on my mission (92-94) in Colorado there was a 1 year old listed as a Seventy (true story)
mmaynor

Post by mmaynor »

LCR lets clerks and membership clerks edit class assignments. We had newly married sister who was assigned to the Laurels as soon as her records transferred in. I was easily able to edit which class she should be in.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

We have an 18 year old YW who is still in high school. I edited her assignment to move her back into YW from RS. She does not show on the RS list of Sisters, and she does show in the YW list. However, she still shows on the RS Attendance Roll. In thinking about this, I forgot to check if she shows on the YW Attendance Roll.

Any suggestions getting her off the Attendance Roll since she is not showing in the organization?

Return to “Membership Help”