Members profile photos

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
forresthickman

Members profile photos

Postby forresthickman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:37 am

i noticed today that some people have photos that are not allowed in the Ward Directory (one inappropriate).

is there a way as membership clerk i can remove them?

eblood66

Re: Members profile photos

Postby eblood66 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:39 am

Yes. Go to the Directory (https://lds.org/directory), select Manage Photos on the left side, find the photo and click the red 'x' button.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:37 am

Anytime someone uploads a photo, it has to be approved by a clerk or bishopric member before it's displayed for anyone in the ward to see. Ideally it would have been caught in that process, but sometimes photos get approved without much thought.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:53 pm

sbradshaw wrote:Anytime someone uploads a photo, it has to be approved by a clerk or bishopric member before it's displayed for anyone in the ward to see.

I'd change that to say "... before the general membership can see it." I think we've found that leaders can see photos before they're approved.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

forresthickman

Postby forresthickman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:29 pm

Thanks a ton :-)

Return to “Membership Help”