Mission Donations

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drepouille

Mission Donations

Post by drepouille »

A sister missionary from my ward completed her mission about six months ago. I just noticed that a member of my ward recently donated $10 to the returned missionary's mission fund, which has had a zero balance since she returned. Which is the best option to resolve this?
  • Adjust the online donation, moving the $10 donation to the ward missionary fund.
  • Transfer the $10 from the missionary's account to the ward missionary fund.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Mission Donations

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:Adjust the online donation, moving the $10 donation to the ward missionary fund.
Personally, I'd do this. Hopefully that would allow the system to see the account as inactive for 6 months. If you just transferred the amount, then it would no doubt be seen as "activity".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Mission Donations

Post by sbradshaw »

It would probably also be good to contact the member to thank him and let him know. It's possible he might want to apply it to a different category.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”