Batch report from LCR

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bballrob

Batch report from LCR

Post by bballrob »

I printed a batch of checks from LCR for the first time. There was no Batch Report generated like I've always seen when running checks from MLS. Is this a change, or did I miss something? Is there a way to generate this after the fact?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Batch report from LCR

Post by jdlessley »

bballrob wrote:I printed a batch of checks from LCR for the first time. There was no Batch Report generated like I've always seen when running checks from MLS. Is this a change, or did I miss something? Is there a way to generate this after the fact?
There is a report, but it is not called a batch report nor a transmission summary report. It is an [expense] Summary that can be printed. It is not required to be printed. Since all the information that indicates who was the originating approver and the bishop's approval are electronically identified in the expense detail for each expense.

The expense detail includes: Reference #, Amount, Date, Status, EFT Status (if EFT requested), Payee, Purpose, Expense Type (EFT or check), Submitted by, Approved by, and Leader approval by. Then there are three clickable buttons that will supply further information for the expense. They are: Attached Receipts (with a # indicating the number of images attached), View Summary Report, and Adjust Expense.

The reason for printing the report in MLS is to show the same information as now shown electronically in the Summary Report and the Expense Detail. This includes the bishops approval electronically signed by his sign-on to do the Leader Approval.

Note that if any portion of the expense is paper, then that portion, such as the check stub or receipt, will need to be saved as before. I print the Summary Report in these cases and attach it to the paper check stub and/or receipt and file that as before.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Marinemedic

Re: Batch report from LCR

Post by Marinemedic »

That is all well and good, but it is easier to have that summary of all of the checks written to help keep checks in order for the audit.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”