Electronic reimbursements

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Android, Office Lens vs Tiny Scanner

Post by lajackson »

murdock20m wrote:Tiny Scanner seemed to require manual cropping and contrast adjustment.
It does. I am sure there are better scanners out there. It has been quite some time since I needed to scan with my phone and that program worked well on my old phone at the time.

There have been many suggestions here at the forum. I would use the one that works best for you, and if I need to load a scanner onto my phone, I will probably use something newer, as well. My new phone is more state-of-the-art than my old phone.
cchang

Re: Electronic reimbursements

Post by cchang »

pcox1217 wrote:I received the letter today and I now have access through LCR! Looking forward to adopting the new reimbursement process.
Have you been able to use the new online reimbursement process yet and how was your experience? Could you provide a step by step process with examples of your experience? I'm looking for how the process and approval works. For example, someone (EQ Secretary) brings you a paper receipt, how do you handle that now in the new online reimbursement process and what about paper forms?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

cchang wrote:
pcox1217 wrote:I received the letter today and I now have access through LCR! Looking forward to adopting the new reimbursement process.
Have you been able to use the new online reimbursement process yet and how was your experience? Could you provide a step by step process with examples of your experience? I'm looking for how the process and approval works. For example, someone (EQ Secretary) brings you a paper receipt, how do you handle that now in the new online reimbursement process and what about paper forms?
We are keeping paper receipts in the paper system for now. This will allow the clerk to process the check and have it ready for signature whenever the appropriate approvers are available. The LCR process is unwieldy with paper receipts, requiring 2 approvers to be present in order to print the check. For those who desire an ACH reimbursement that must go through LCR, the clerk will scan the receipt to do the 100% digital process which allows approvers to approve at different times.

But this is just our plan - we have only issued 4 checks since we went live on the new system and all were welfare checks to businesses so we just kept them in MLS for processing as that is very familiar.
cchang

Post by cchang »

davesudweeks wrote:
cchang wrote:
We are keeping paper receipts in the paper system for now. This will allow the clerk to process the check and have it ready for signature whenever the appropriate approvers are available. The LCR process is unwieldy with paper receipts, requiring 2 approvers to be present in order to print the check. For those who desire an ACH reimbursement that must go through LCR, the clerk will scan the receipt to do the 100% digital process which allows approvers to approve at different times.

But this is just our plan - we have only issued 4 checks since we went live on the new system and all were welfare checks to businesses so we just kept them in MLS for processing as that is very familiar.
When you say "requiring 2 approvers to be present in order to print the check", does the system not allow you to proceed to printing the check on LCR without the second approver logging into their LCR and approving it? So if I enter an expense, a second approver needs to be present AND signed into their LCR before printing the check? I thought as long as I'm one of the approvers during entry, it should allow me to proceed with printing the check...correct?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

cchang wrote:I thought as long as I'm one of the approvers during entry, it should allow me to proceed with printing the check...correct?
No. If you use electronic receipts then you must have two approvals before it will let you print the check. That's why, like davesudweeks, I use paper documentation for checks.
cchang

Post by cchang »

eblood66 wrote:
cchang wrote:I thought as long as I'm one of the approvers during entry, it should allow me to proceed with printing the check...correct?
No. If you use electronic receipts then you must have two approvals before it will let you print the check. That's why, like davesudweeks, I use paper documentation for checks.
So if I receive a paper receipt, scan it to upload it eletronically, it still requires two approvals prior to printing the check? Just makes me wonder why it would require this two approval prior to printing the check if I am already one of the approvers and the Branch President will approve it later in the process. So eventually if we want to go paperless in the future, it will always require two approvers to log into LCR prior to printing the check?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

cchang wrote:So if I receive a paper receipt, scan it to upload it eletronically, it still requires two approvals prior to printing the check? Just makes me wonder why it would require this two approval prior to printing the check if I am already one of the approvers and the Branch President will approve it later in the process. So eventually if we want to go paperless in the future, it will always require two approvers to log into LCR prior to printing the check?
You must always have two people look at the documentation before a check is signed. If you have paper receipts then the signers can (and must) review the documentation when they sign the check. However, if the receipts are electronic then two people have to view (and approve) the receipts before the check can be signed. I expect they decided to ensure this happens they would require two people view and approve the documentation before the check is even printed. Then the check can be signed without reviewing the documentation (which isn't readily available at that point since it's online).
MurdockM

Paper check on MLS only Bishop able to approve?

Post by MurdockM »

We are "Activated" for the new financial system.

Last Sunday I printed a paper check alone from MLS just like the "good old days" (However we had just finished transmitting our batch so MLS may have cached the Bishops counselors login credentials?)
Moments after printing the paper check from MLS, the Bishops counselor sitting next to me the entire time, logged into his LCR Dashboard and we could see no way for him to approve the check.
LCR seemed to want only the Bishop to approve the expense.

Is this the way it is now? Or did we overlook a way the Counselor could have approved it. We do have the paper documentation signed by the Bishop.

I later reviewed the LCR process, yet don't recall seeing a box for the Counselor to select to approve the freshly cut in MLS paper check.

PS: The Bishop reviewed the expense the next day and the expense summary lists him as the 2nd approver and reviewer.

PS2: This was just a secondary question. Eblood66 previously answered my main concern Re: "Bishop need to "Authorize" checks day of cutting?" (an expense had to be paid immediately.)
eblood66

Re: Paper check on MLS only Bishop able to approve?

Post by eblood66 »

murdock20m wrote:Last Sunday I printed a paper check alone from MLS just like the "good old days" (However we had just finished transmitting our batch so MLS may have cached the Bishops counselors login credentials?)
Moments after printing the paper check from MLS, the Bishops counselor sitting next to me the entire time, logged into his LCR Dashboard and we could see no way for him to approve the check.
If you print a check and don't upload digital receipts then there is no separate approval process. The approvals are the check signatures just like it was before. If you upload digital receipts for a check then someone else has to review and approve the documents before you can print the check.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

This is 75% of what I would love to see. Thank you! However, I would love to see a workflow where the payee submits the request electronically with a digitized version of the receipts (like via LDS tools app using the phone camera). Then it would go to a clerk for review then the bishop and then payment. However, I'm doing a happy dance about the ACH. I'll take what I can get and figure out a way to digitize the receipts. Our clerks office only has a b&w lazer printer with no scanner so Office Lens sounds like a useful tool if I can transfer from my phone to the PC in an easy way.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”