Member Reimbursement Account not recognized

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cjbeckert

Member Reimbursement Account not recognized

Post by cjbeckert »

Has anyone had problems with a member's reimbursement account not being recognized for ACH payments?

With ACH reimbursements finally going live for us this weekend, we wanted to try it out. Our first ACH reimbursement attempt belonged to a sister who never used online donations before but uses a check for donations instead. She agreed to try out the ACH reimbursement. I had her go to her Donations settings, then to Expense Reimbursement Account, and add her bank info which appeared to take. I then attempted to initiate a ACH expense in the LCR but when I selected her as a Payee a warning popped up that no EFT details exist for the Participant. I had her double check that her bank information was listed and correct in the Expense Reimbursement Account section, which she confirmed it was. I attempted a few other times yesterday and today as well with the same results.

We've had two other wards process ACH reimbursements today with no issues. I activated my own and wife's reimbursement accounts yesterday (we've used online donations for the past couple years) and verified our reimbursement account was recognized when selecting each of us as a Payee for an expense.

Is there perhaps some type of delay in the system for members who have never used online donations before and then add bank information for the first time?
eblood66

Re: Member Reimbursement Account not recognized

Post by eblood66 »

I haven't seen that. But even after a year on the beta program, we probably only have about 20 members with their accounts set up for deposit so it's not a big sample. All of them were primarily online donors.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Make sure the member is using a bank checking or savings account. Additionally the member should ensure the routing number and account number are correct. If there is a question about the numbers to use, the member should contact their bank. I have a bank that uses one routing number for processing paper checks and another routing number for processing electronic funds transfer (EFT)/automated clearing house (ACH) transactions.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cjbeckert wrote:Is there perhaps some type of delay in the system for members who have never used online donations before and then add bank information for the first time?
This is still super new to us, but a delay for all the computers to sync up would not surprise me in the least.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
morrisangusgraham

Post by morrisangusgraham »

Request for reimbursement:

Missionary Department,

[-- Moderator note: Details of requested reimbursement removed --]

Thank you kindly,

Elder Morris Graham
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

morrisangusgraham wrote:Request for reimbursement:

Missionary Department,
This is a user-to-user support forum, not a tool for submitting reimbursement requests. I recommend you contact the mission you were assigned to for assistance in submitting this request.
devonerickson

Post by devonerickson »

cjbeckert wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:17 pm Has anyone had problems with a member's reimbursement account not being recognized for ACH payments?

With ACH reimbursements finally going live for us this weekend, we wanted to try it out. Our first ACH reimbursement attempt belonged to a sister who never used online donations before but uses a check for donations instead. She agreed to try out the ACH reimbursement. I had her go to her Donations settings, then to Expense Reimbursement Account, and add her bank info which appeared to take. I then attempted to initiate a ACH expense in the LCR but when I selected her as a Payee a warning popped up that no EFT details exist for the Participant. I had her double check that her bank information was listed and correct in the Expense Reimbursement Account section, which she confirmed it was. I attempted a few other times yesterday and today as well with the same results.

We've had two other wards process ACH reimbursements today with no issues. I activated my own and wife's reimbursement accounts yesterday (we've used online donations for the past couple years) and verified our reimbursement account was recognized when selecting each of us as a Payee for an expense.

Is there perhaps some type of delay in the system for members who have never used online donations before and then add bank information for the first time?
I am experiencing a similar issue with a member. They are all set up for electronic payments of tithing, which works fine for them. They have also checked the box for online reimbursement of expenses using the same bank account, but when I enter their information for electronic reimbursement, I receive the same error mentioned previously ("No EFT details exist..."). Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?
Just to confirm, how long has it been since the member checked the box for electronic reimbursement? I know I often see responses in the Forum where users expect things to have a quicker turnaround than what ends up happening. Might not be the case here, but it wasn't clear if they've been paying online tithing for a while and just recently checked the box for electronic reimbursement.
owentolley

Post by owentolley »

devonerickson wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:51 pm
cjbeckert wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:17 pm Has anyone had problems with a member's reimbursement account not being recognized for ACH payments?

I am experiencing a similar issue with a member. They are all set up for electronic payments of tithing, which works fine for them. They have also checked the box for online reimbursement of expenses using the same bank account, but when I enter their information for electronic reimbursement, I receive the same error mentioned previously ("No EFT details exist..."). Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?
I had this issue when trying to reimburse my bishop. We are YSA ward and because of that, I think the bishop might actually be "out of unit" which makes it weird but I'm not sure. Either way, the payee information that would come up for him on the expenses page not with his membership number but a CUBS-xxxxxx. This payee information was not linked to his member account so that is why no ETF details were found. All I had to do was create a new payee and use his membership number and then it worked.
MurdockM

Post by MurdockM »

Late comment...

Fin Clerk here,
Today while entering a reimbursement for a member who has opted into EFT reimbursement "No EFT details..." was displayed.

Later while entering donations via LCR I noticed that member listed twice. Once followed by CUBS (Church Unit Banking ... -XXX) and the 2nd time followed by their membership number. I recorded the donation under the name with the correct membership number attached. Then, after closing the batch I merged the ancient CUBS entry with the current entry (followed by the members membership number).

Some other members were also listed twice. However I could not later find them via "Participants" in order to merge them with their current membership number listed entry.
I wish there was a way to search for possible duplicate listings. I'd like to clean things up before the official year end statements are issued.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”