Entering Expenses on LCR

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
waynecooke

Re: Entering Expenses on LCR

Post by waynecooke »

When I talked to Salt Lake, they said "Yes, your Stake is part of the testing of the new system", so if you aren't, it probably wouldn't show up.
What eblood66 said is absolutely correct. So, eblood66, is your Stake part of the beta too?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

waynecooke wrote:So, eblood66, is your Stake part of the beta too?
Yes, we've been on the beta since last April.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The electronic expense payment has gone live for all U.S. units as of today. This includes both the submission of an expense payment request and the payment by ACH. The Help center in LCR has the the instructions and there are videos.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:The electronic expense payment has gone live for all U.S. units as of today. This includes both the submission of an expense payment request and the payment by ACH. The Help center in LCR has the the instructions and there are videos.
This is big news. A quick glance at the instructions suggest that (typically) only the clerks would enter this - there's not a way for the members to ask for reimbursement (unless you count email).

Just as a tip (for members), I find "Office Lens" from Microsoft to be a good free "scanner" for cell phones. The main advantage over using the built-in camera app is that it crops the picture to the page as well as straightening it up. From there, they can email it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:A quick glance at the instructions suggest that (typically) only the clerks would enter this - there's not a way for the members to ask for reimbursement (unless you count email).
I am going to work with our bishopric and ward council to set up an electronic expense reimbursement method or methods. I am working through ideas to present to them that will cover several options to the submitter. We will have to work out the process so that any used will cover all the current requirements for paper submissions. Some of the ideas discussed earlier in this thread have sparked some good ideas.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
pcox1217

Post by pcox1217 »

jdlessley wrote:The electronic expense payment has gone live for all U.S. units as of today. This includes both the submission of an expense payment request and the payment by ACH. The Help center in LCR has the the instructions and there are videos.
I don’t see any updates in LCR yet, but I do see a header message with a link to an instructional video at donations.lds.org about how to add a reimbursement account. I’m anxiously awaiting the LCR updates!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

pcox1217 wrote:I don’t see any updates in LCR yet ...
A member with finance permissions will have the Finances menu item and will be taken to the finances page and the Overview tab. The electronic processing of expenses will become evident when the Finances menu item is clicked and the Finance page renders and defaults with the Overview tab. On the Overview tab the Dashboard will be displayed and there will be four expense action areas: Approve Expenses, Bishops Review, Approve Transfer, and Returned EFTs. Each of those action areas will display the number of expense actions needed. At first they all will show "0". Expenses are entered by clicking the Expenses tab.
JD Lessley
pcox1217

Post by pcox1217 »

I’m a Ward Clerk with full finance access. However, I don’t see any of the four action areas you describe; they’re not in the Overview tab or the Expenses tab. Maybe there is a gradual rollout and it will show up in a few days? Or perhaps there is something the stake has to do to enable it for wards and branches?

Curiously, in the finances tab of the Access Table, I see “Adjust Expenses, Approve Expenses, and Enter Expenses” all checked for my Ward Clerk role.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's likely going out in phases. You might check your personal donations page to see if the setting for your reimbursement account has shown up there. It did for me, but since I don't have finance rights, I have no idea what's showing up for the clerks in my stake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I am a ward clerk in Oklahoma. I have the reimbursement settings in my personal donations page and can see the actions on the finances menu so we are live in our stake. Woohoo!

Return to “Local Unit Finance”