Gas tax?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
chriswoodut

Gas tax?

Post by chriswoodut »

So, when we process reimbursements we can enter the sales tax which gets reimbursed to the church from the state (Utah). The sales tax does not count against our budgets (I called HQ and asked about that).

However, with gas receipts we don't see any tax info. I'm guessing gas tax isn't treated the same as sales tax but I'm curious enough to throw the idea out here. Anybody know if it's possible to put tax info in MLS so it doesn't get deducted from our budgets?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Gas tax?

Post by jdlessley »

Each state and local entity can impose their own sales tax on gasoline. Each state is different. Here in Texas there is no sales tax imposed on gasoline. There are, however, state and federal excise taxes included in the sales price.

A quick search online indicates there is only federal and state excise taxes for motor gas sales in Utah. I could find no sales tax for motor gas.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”