Email Donor Statements?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
westinwong

Email Donor Statements?

Post by westinwong »

New ward clerk here. Is there a way to email out donor statements for tithing settlement, or must they be printed?
davesudweeks

Re: Email Donor Statements?

Post by davesudweeks »

Apologies if I come across a bit strong, but I have strong feelings about this topic.

Email is a very insecure communication method and donor statements are highly confidential. As ward clerk I would never e-mail them. Personally, I would express my displeasure to anyone who emailed my donor statement to me without my prior approval.

It would be relatively time consuming to email them anyway. You would have to print each page to a .pdf from the report (ours is around 150 pages) or run a separate report for each donor in your ward. You still could not email them to any members where you don't have an email address.

We put them in old envelopes and hand as many out at church as possible. We usually only have to address and mail a dozen or so for the families we we don't catch at church.

That said, I'm just another ward clerk. Your stake clerk is your first line for questions and is responsible for training ward clerks.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

westinwong wrote:New ward clerk here. Is there a way to email out donor statements for tithing settlement, or must they be printed?
In addition to what davesudweeks said, members of your ward can access their donation statements online. If they prefer to get them electronically, there is an option in the online donations application that will apply that preference: "My financial statements do not need to be printed by my Ward." When we met with families during tithing settlement last year, we pointed that out so that they could set it if that was their preference.
westinwong

Post by westinwong »

Thank you both for your replies! This thread can be closed.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”