on line donation corrections

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
klinde

on line donation corrections

Post by klinde »

One of our members said she made tithing/fast offering donation and put the amounts in the wrong category. how do I help her correct the mistake ? or can she ?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: on line donation corrections

Post by russellhltn »

From the Donation FAQs:

"Q11. When I reviewed my previous donations, I noticed I made a mistake and put my donation in the Fast Offerings category instead of in Tithing, where I wanted it. Can I change a completed donation?

A11. No, completed donations cannot be edited. However, you can print a copy of your completed donation, take it to your ward or branch financial clerk, and ask him to correct the donation category for you on the ward or branch computer."
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TammyDawn

Post by TammyDawn »

I accidentally deposited my tithing money into the wrong account and as a result my online tithing check bounced. I have since corrected the deposit error but don't know if I need to re-submit another tithing check? Or will the original one will be sent again? And is there a bounced check charge that I need to pay with my donation? Thank you for your help in this matter. I want to make it right but don't know how.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

TammyDawn wrote:I accidentally deposited my tithing money into the wrong account and as a result my online tithing check bounced. I have since corrected the deposit error but don't know if I need to re-submit another tithing check? Or will the original one will be sent again? And is there a bounced check charge that I need to pay with my donation? Thank you for your help in this matter. I want to make it right but don't know how.
I do not believe the church will re-run the online donation, nor will they assess an insufficient funds fee (though your bank may). Your local ward or branch clerk may be able to give you more insight.
flyingtalyon@hotmail.com

Online donations

Post by flyingtalyon@hotmail.com »

I am having problems getting log onto my correct online account. [Personal information removed] I may have more than one account. I am trying
to get my donations record from 2019 but unable to find the correct. I thought a couple of weeks ago I had it all worked out but can't seem to find the
proper donation website to print off my 2019 tax form.

Cody Fowler
[email removed]
Last edited by russellhltn on Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rgafamily

Post by rgafamily »

How do I generate my 2019 Official Tax Statement?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: on line donation

Post by jdlessley »

Donations > Donor Statements > Select Statement Type:
Then select Year and then click Generate Statement button.
There is also a section of Generated Statements in which the current year should already be available.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sadlerb

Post by sadlerb »

My annual donations amount does not match the annual Donor statement. How do I correct this problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sadlerb wrote:My annual donations amount does not match the annual Donor statement. How do I correct this problem?
You'll need to contact your ward clerk.

Note that not all donations will report on the tax statement. Items such as YM/YW camp will not be there. Tithing and Fast Offering will be.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zkato

Post by zkato »

Question regarding the same. What does it mean when you say "Note that not all donations will report on the tax statement. Items such as YM/YW camp will not be there. Tithing and Fast Offering will be."
1- Does it mean items such as YM/YW camp are not eligible for tax statement purpose?
2- Is it pretty straight forward to say ONLY Tithing and Fast Offerings can be reported for tax statement?

Thanks for your answer in advance!

Return to “Local Unit Finance”