Refund of Rent Deposits

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jarednchrissy2

Refund of Rent Deposits

Post by jarednchrissy2 »

I am not sure we were supposed to pay a deposit for a member's apartment rent, but we did.

1) Is that allowed
2) What do we do when the deposit is refunded (in full or part)?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Refund of Rent Deposits

Post by lajackson »

Your bishop determines how Fast Offering funds are used, in keeping with Church policy. If he feels the need for guidance, his stake president will help him.

If any Fast Offering funds are returned, I would deposit them back into the Fast Offering Fund.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:If any Fast Offering funds are returned, I would deposit them back into the Fast Offering Fund.
Agreed - but what donor name should be used?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Agreed - but what donor name should be used?
I would look through the financial instructions for something similar to Return of Fast Offering Funds.
garth.tingey

Post by garth.tingey »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:If any Fast Offering funds are returned, I would deposit them back into the Fast Offering Fund.
Agreed - but what donor name should be used?
When I encountered a similar issue recently, I used "Anonymous" as the donor name.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”