Missing donation done during move

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
luckyluke

Missing donation done during move

Post by luckyluke »

One of my ward members moved during the year (military) and his previous ward sent his records out before he arrived at his new assignment. He made 1 online tithing/donation during this time period while he wasn't associated with any ward. That donation was the only one during the year not included on his tithing settlement donation record. How can we rectify this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missing donation done during move

Post by russellhltn »

You'll have to contact support.

What you describe strikes me as odd since my understanding is that all donations made on-line with a MRN should be connected to his "account". Not unless he used a bank that was outside of his normal country/monetary system for that transaction. From what I'm hearing, donations made in a different country doesn't make it to the combined report.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

luckyluke wrote:He made 1 online tithing/donation during this time period while he wasn't associated with any ward.
I am curious how "he wasn't associated with any ward." Under what circumstances is a membership transfer not instantaneous? Is there a "limbo" status when transferring between countries or areas?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

drepouille wrote:Is there a "limbo" status when transferring between countries or areas?
Not unless the record is sent to 'Address Unknown' which does not sound like was the case. Just having the records moved before a member actually move shouldn't have any affect on anything related to donations.

Was this the only online donation (in which case the account might not be associated with his MRN) or did the member perhaps have two accounts (and used the one without MRN for this donation accidentally)? But ultimately, as russellhltn said, support will probably have to be involved. This will probably require information and/or actions that aren't easy for the member or unit to do.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”