Organization/Business Donation Statement donating food/goods

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
gilecurt

Organization/Business Donation Statement donating food/goods

Post by gilecurt »

Sir/Ma'am:

A business is donating food/goods for an upcoming ward activity. Does the ward generate a donation statement/letter to the business for their donation? Please advise. Thank you.

Respectfully,

Curtis Gile
Asst. Clerk - Finance
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Organization/Business Donation Statement donating food/goods

Post by russellhltn »

Unless this is an activity outlined as an exception to the "budget funds should be used to pay for all activities, programs, and supplies" rule in Handbook 2: 13.2.8, I question if it should be accepted.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

gilecurt wrote:Does the ward generate a donation statement/letter to the business for their donation?
Not automatically. But there is no reason the bishop can't write a nice letter on Church letterhead thanking them for whatever it was they donated, without mentioning anything about cost.
waynecooke

Post by waynecooke »

russellhltn wrote:Unless this is an activity outlined as an exception to the "budget funds should be used to pay for all activities, programs, and supplies" rule in Handbook 2: 13.2.8, I question if it should be accepted.
This is just my opinion, but I think this instruction is aimed at not requiring Ward members or others to pay for an activity, not to forbid outside entities from supplying materials for an activity. IMHO
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

waynecooke wrote:This is just my opinion, but I think this instruction is aimed at not requiring Ward members or others to pay for an activity, not to forbid outside entities from supplying materials for an activity. IMHO
I'd suggest it gets run by the stake president before going that route. if needed, he can confer with this upline.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”