Scanning Reimbursement forms and receipts and storing them online

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mmaynor

Scanning Reimbursement forms and receipts and storing them online

Post by mmaynor »

Hello, I'm wondering if there's any policy regarding digitizing the reimbursement forms and receipts and storing them on a cloud storage like Dropbox or Google Drive. From time to time an auxiliary wants to know the know specifics of what was bought the year before. I always have to go to the clerk's office and get it manually from the filing cabinet. It would be convenient if I could just access it online. When released I would tell the new Clerk to change the password.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Scanning Reimbursement forms and receipts and storing them online

Post by russellhltn »

There's a policy against storing MLS data in the cloud. I'm not sure as it applies here.

My day job is setting up scanning systems. Scanning paper is work, and frequently not quite as easy to do on a consistent basis as most people like to think. I tend to doubt if the work saved in occasional manual retrieval will offset the work required to keep everything scanned.

Eventually, MLS financial reports will make it's way on-line. That would provide some level of data until you can retrieve the paperwork.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Re: Scanning Reimbursement forms and receipts and storing them online

Post by drepouille »

We already have several financial reports online through LCR, including income and expense reports, donor and payee reports, etc. For example, I can run a report of everyone who donated to the scouting fundraiser. It just shows the donor names, but not their addresses.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Local Unit Finance”