Calling local leaders about years-old escheated checks

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mjanse

Calling local leaders about years-old escheated checks

Post by mjanse »

I have been receiving calls from church accounting about checks that were issued but never cashed 4+ years ago, before I was called and sometimes before I even lived in my present ward. I have a leadership position, but am not the finance clerk; not that I think he should be called about this during his work day either. Further, when we report that we have no information, which is generally the case, these don't seem to get put to bed.

If by chance anyone connected with the above effort reads this, could you please consider emailing financial clerks rather than phoning other leaders? I bet these issues will get resolved much more quickly that way.

Also, thank you for all you do. I'm sure it's difficult to chase these things down, and I appreciate your efforts in this area.
eblood66

Re: Calling local leaders about years-old escheated checks

Post by eblood66 »

I'm afraid that nobody on the forums has any influence over this matter. The forums are just user-to-user help involving mostly just leaders and clerks like yourself. Generally church support personnel do not read the forums.

Your best option would probably be to either use the Feedback link at the bottom of the page on LCR or call local unit support and see if they can direct the feedback to the appropriate department.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If specific members or expenses were discussed in the call, I could understand them wanting to avoid email, which is generally less secure.

Not every ward has financial clerks – some just have general assistant clerks, and others only have a single ward clerk. Also, only the ward clerk (not an assistant clerk) is visible on the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders (CDOL). I would expect any calls or emails from headquarters about finances to go either to the bishop or the ward clerk, depending on the nature of the problem. If you're not the bishop or the ward clerk, you might check CDOL to make sure the clerk and other ward leaders have correct contact information (email addresses and phone numbers) listed.

I'm assuming you're either in the bishopric, or are a clerk or executive secretary. If you're not any of those (say, if you're an elders quorum president or ward mission leader), then I'd be more concerned.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Also, only the ward clerk (not an assistant clerk) is visible on the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders (CDOL).
Everyone is in CDOL, but if you're in a distant stake, then you have a limited view. I'd think employees at CHQ would be able to see the whole thingl
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

eblood66 wrote:Your best option would probably be to either use the Feedback link at the bottom of the page on LCR or call local unit support and see if they can direct the feedback to the appropriate department.
The feedback link on the LCR pages goes to the LCR development team. Submitting this kind of feedback there isn't going to get it to the right place.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

Send a message through MLS to the finance department. They will be able to help.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”