Official US Tax Statement (LCR) Will not Generate

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
psantangelo

Re: Official US Tax Statement (LCR) Will not Generate

Post by psantangelo »

I was going to try and see if it would let me print the statements today but the "Year End Statements" tab under finance / tithing settlement of lcr is now gone. I have had a few members asking where their statement is because in previous years we would have had them signed and most handed out by now.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've noticed that I can now print a 2016 tax statement from the on-line donation screen. So it should be coming soon.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I don't think it would be improper to post the email leaders recently received:
MLSSupport wrote:Dear Leader,

You have now received the pre-generated year-end tax statements in Leader Clerk Resources (LCR). As instructed in the December 15th letter from the Presiding Bishopric, please print these statements and give them to each donor. To print the statements, go to the Finance menu in LCR and click Tithing Settlement. On the Year-End Statements tab, print the pre-generated donor statements.

Some wards have already printed 2016 tax statements in LCR. Unfortunately, some of the ward-generated statements have some inconsistencies. Because of this, please distribute the new statements to your members and ask that any previously distributed statements be destroyed. We have also removed the ability for the ward to generate a tax statement and all ward-generated reports have been removed from LCR.

Donors may also choose to generate an official tax statement using the online donation system at LDS.org.

If you need to generate new statements, other than those included in the pre-generated statements, you may contact the Global Service Center (mlssupport@ldschurch.org, 801-240-3500 or 855-537-4357).

We appreciate your service.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
showseason

Post by showseason »

Still has not showed up for us yet.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

showseason wrote:Still has not showed up for us yet.
Yeah, it's probably close. I can get my personal one now.
showseason

Post by showseason »

The link to the Official US Tax Statements now shows for our ward, I'm headed to the church to print and hopefully get most handed out today at church. :)
chrisgrant

Post by chrisgrant »

Am I reading this email correctly? Is it now the stake's job to print the tax statements for every member of the stake?
mikebroderick

Post by mikebroderick »

Every Bishop and ward clerk has access to LCR where they can print the statements.
chrisgrant

Post by chrisgrant »

So when the letter says that the ability of a ward to "generate a tax statement" has been removed from LCR, that doesn't mean that the ability of a ward to *print* a tax statement has been removed from LCR? Generating is distinct from printing, is that right?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

chrisgrant wrote:So when the letter says that the ability of a ward to "generate a tax statement" has been removed from LCR, that doesn't mean that the ability of a ward to *print* a tax statement has been removed from LCR? Generating is distinct from printing, is that right?
It means the ward can't generate individual statements. It has to use the pre-generated statements.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”