Filter check failed in audit

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Gary_Miller

Re: Filter check failed in audit

Post by Gary_Miller »

I've just never worried much about this. Mostly because its just a check of the system being done during the audit and has no effect on the unit fiances portion of the audit. If it doesn't work it gets an audit exception in which the STS will fix and the exception goes away.

Of course I make sure the audit is done on a weekday evening usually on YM/YW night so the Bishop is already in the building. I never let an auditor talk me into Sunday.
rknelson

Post by rknelson »

Audit exceptions, including the protection or information, is a serious issue. The exception report is reviewed as part of a stake conference visit with the Stake Presidency each time a visiting authority is assigned. I've been in a meeting with a visiting member of the Quorum of the Twelve when audit results were reviewed. No doubt the purpose is to emphasize the importance of complying with policies.

I'm sure these "false exceptions" are temporary problems that will be fixed, but I don't like to see our stake showing a bunch of undeserved exceptions.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

rknelson wrote:Audit exceptions,............, is a serious issue.
Audit exceptions only show that there is a problem on that one document, something is not right and needs fixed. They also give you an idea of areas where one may need to pay closer attention. As far as seriousness that would depend on the exception.

I have always looked as audits as just being a check to make sure I'm doing things the correct way, and to help me fix things that I may have overlooked. I always welcome an audit with open arms.
sberon

Post by sberon »

Our addit was today we did the filter test and it failed / our sts had me look at settings / everything was fine last week so why is it not working? Is your site having problems?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sberon wrote:Our addit was today we did the filter test and it failed / our sts had me look at settings / everything was fine last week so why is it not working? Is your site having problems?
It's working for me. Sounds like something the STS needs to look into.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

sberon wrote:Our addit was today we did the filter test and it failed / our sts had me look at settings / everything was fine last week so why is it not working? Is your site having problems?
In the past I have known the test to fail, especially under heavy server loads, especially on a Sunday. Any other day the test is fine.

Try another day, without altering any equipment/settings etc.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you plugged into the correct internet line (for example, you're not plugged into family history center internet, or connected via wifi, are you)?
Our audits always fail this test because most of the wards in our stake meet in a BYU building – everything is connected through BYU's internet instead of the standard meetinghouse internet.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bitnerdp

Post by bitnerdp »

This happened to a Ward in our building . I rebooted the firewall but the problem is still there. Are there any other troubleshooting items we should do? Is there something new that could have created this audit failure?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bitnerdp wrote:This happened to a Ward in our building . I rebooted the firewall but the problem is still there. Are there any other troubleshooting items we should do? Is there something new that could have created this audit failure?
I've been told it can fail if the system is really busy. (Like on Sundays.) You might want to check the firewall in TM, under "Usage satistics" you should see a green checkmark. Verify that you really are connected to the firewall and someone hasn't bypassed it. Otherwise, that's a problem for GSD.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

bitnerdp wrote:This happened to a Ward in our building . I rebooted the firewall but the problem is still there. Are there any other troubleshooting items we should do? Is there something new that could have created this audit failure?
This happened to one of the new Meraki firewalls that were installed in our stake. It would pass anything you threw at it. The others in the stake worked fine. I tried resetting it and finally called the GSC folks and they fixed it. Here's what my log looked like afterwards: (Names omitted and most recent entry is on top.)

Code: Select all

Filter Change     Jul 12, 2017 10:18:33 AM     Filter was changed from Managed to Standard
Filter Change     Jul 12, 2017 10:18:08 AM     Filter was changed from Standard to Managed
Update Config     Jul 02, 2017 11:28:17 AM     Firewall's configuration was updated
Replacement	    Jun 20, 2017 03:53:43 PM     Meraki firewall: Q2KN-xxxx-xxxx has successfully replaced: FTXxxxxxxxx
It looked like they switched it to a different filter class, then switched it back, but that might have been part of several things they tried to get it filtering. In the end, it's working now and I'm happy.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”