Donating to Missionary Fund Outside of Ward

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
eblood66

Re: Donating to Missionary Fund Outside of Ward

Post by eblood66 »

adcockk wrote:How does a nonmember donate to my daughter’s mission fund and, like members receive at the of a year, obtain the form showing all our donations for tax purposes?
They can mail or give the check to the bishop preferably with a donation slip that has been filled out. Have them include their address at least the first time they donate (the new slips don't ask for an address but the clerk can still enter one into the system if its written in place of the MRN). The clerk can print a tax statement at the end of the year and mail it to them.

I'm not sure whether it's possible for a non-member to donate to a missionary. At one time a non-member could use a non-member LDS Account to donate online but I'm not sure that's still true and, if they can, I'm not sure whether they can donate to the missionary fund. They could try and see if it works. If it does work then they will need to print their own tax statement from the online site because your clerk won't be able to print it in that case.

But getting a check to the bishop will definitely work.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”