Stake Conference - Confidential Tithing Report

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Stake Conference - Confidential Tithing Report

Post by sbradshaw »

carldonaldrobertson wrote:Was this a pet project by some GA a decade ago and now nobody really looks at these reports? If it is still something that is important, I would expect there would be an easier way to submit it rather than printing the report, filling out all the names and occupations by hand (again) and then looking up the tithing status for each one and then putting it in an evelope with a stamp and mailing it. Am I missing something, or is this what they still want us to do? Thanks.
In my last stake, we filled out a PDF of the form digitally and emailed it to the scheduling office. It doesn't need to be mailed in an envelope.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

carldonaldrobertson wrote:Was this a pet project by some GA a decade ago and now nobody really looks at these reports?
When I became familiar with this report 38 years ago, I learned it had been around for a very long time. And yes, the visiting general authority looks at the report, and usually discusses it with the stake president during the conference.

Some visitors ask us to complete the report and give it to him when he arrives. Others ask that it be sent earlier by whatever means is convenient.
BrianTAllen

Post by BrianTAllen »

As of June 2019 there is now an online form called "Confidential Tithing Report", linked in from the Stake Conferences dashboard (https://galt.churchofjesuschrist.org/dashboard).

Step 1 is for the stake clerk or a member of the stake presidency to enter the occupation for each stake leader / bishop. So far so good, but there is no place to enter the tithing, and no mention of how that is done.

Step 2, only the stake president can see the tithing status dropdown and select "Full", "Part", or "Non". The clerk or others see nothing there and no explanation (that's the confusing part). This was confusing and needs some kind of message, or perhaps the column to still be there (not revealing the status) but with a message saying only the stake president can see this. It was only by viewing the source code that I could tell the column was in fact there, but only the stake president would see it.

Thanks for putting it online! That is much appreciated, as are all of the time saving efforts of the tech team. Just a small interface change will remove the confusion.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

BrianTAllen wrote:. . . but there is no place to enter the tithing, and no mention of how that is done.
I suspect that the church enters it automatically from the latest annual status tithing report. Or more accurately, the computers probably do it.
BrianTAllen

Post by BrianTAllen »

That would be great if that is the case, but if so then the instructions need to be updated to reflect that.

I'll know for sure when I've gotten back the occupations from everyone and updated them, then the stake president can do step 2. If he can see the tithing column when logged in then I'll know and can report back. I don't think it's automated, as you say, though hopefully the initial values are filled in automatically so the SP can just review it instead of chasing down the values (which the church does have in their system).

Thanks!
akrusinger

Post by akrusinger »

The report is on line with the link following the listed Stake Conference Report.

Return to “Reports and Forms”