Quarterly Report - Ministering

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
JonGibson

Quarterly Report - Ministering

Post by JonGibson »

I'm still confused on if/how to record Ministering on the Quarterly Report, or if we still do. I tried to print a blank Quarterly report from MLS, but it doesn't work any more. In the most recent report for March, there were no lines 12 and 13 for Home/Visiting teaching. But the line-by-line instructions for the report have lines 12 and 13 saying families visited/contacted by visiting/home teachers. I'm just trying to remind the Ward's leaders that I need a report from this month, and I usually print and highlight a blank report with the line-by-line instructions. Can I print a blank report?
Brother Jon Gibson
Clinton (Iowa) Ward (38024) Clerk
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Quarterly Report - Ministering

Post by lajackson »

JonGibson wrote:I'm still confused on if/how to record Ministering on the Quarterly Report, or if we still do.
All you need for the first and second quarter 2018 reports is attendance. Beginning July 1, 2018 *, you will be able to record interviews with ministering companions, which will be reported for the first time on the third quarter report.

This is in the instructions enclosed with the First Presidency letter of April 2, 2018, at item 21.

* [Edit: In the official source mentioned, the date is July 1st. In another official source (Notice, April 3, 2018, Changes in Reporting for Ministering) the date is August 1st. Take your pick, but if you choose July 1st and it doesn't work, I would suggest being patient until August 1st. We all know how this works. I am sure they are scrambling as quickly as they can to update LCR.]
Last edited by lajackson on Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarified that interviews with ministering companions are recorded.
JonGibson

Post by JonGibson »

Thank you!
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

The only reporting will the Ministering Interviews held by the RS and EQ presidencies. Visits by companionships to assigned families are no longer reported. The message on the Ministering page in LCR states "...Beginning August 1, 2018, leaders will have the ability to...account for interviews they hold with ministering brothers and sisters..."

More info and FAQ is found at ministering.lds.org.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

nmecantwin73 wrote:The only reporting will the Ministering Interviews held by the RS and EQ presidencies. Visits by companionships to assigned families are no longer reported.
You are correct, and that is what I meant. I have edited my post to clarify the point. Good call. Thanks.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The target for releasing the updated ministering application is August 1.
davepet

Post by davepet »

The new Quarterly report has line 12 Ministering brother companionships interviewed prefilled.
Is there a way to revise that number?
Really, is there a way to update the last quarter interview checklist? It has already advanced to 4th Q.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

davepet wrote:The new Quarterly report has line 12 Ministering brother companionships interviewed prefilled.
Is there a way to revise that number?
Really, is there a way to update the last quarter interview checklist? It has already advanced to 4th Q.
The potential number is an end of the quarter snapshot and cannot be changed.

The number of companionships interviewed is prefilled, but can be changed by going to Ministering and selecting Elders Quorum or Relief Society. On the Ministering Brothers or Sisters page, near the top, there is a drop-down menu that says Current Quarter. Press the arrow and select Previous Quarter. You will then be able to record the rest of the interviews that were not recorded before the previous quarter ended.

I see an advantage to recording the interviews as they happen. If that had been done, that part of the quarterly report would be completed and auto-filled, and nothing else would be required. I like that.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

lajackson explained how to edit the previous quarter. If you make changes now, the changes will be reflected on the quarterly report up until the time it is submitted.
otuafiis

Post by otuafiis »

How to record number of interview ministering from the previous Quarter?

Return to “Reports and Forms”