Is there a way to print the Primary Advancement Certificate in advance of the child's 12th birthday?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
landbeck

Is there a way to print the Primary Advancement Certificate in advance of the child's 12th birthday?

Post by landbeck »

I was in a horrific car accident about 8 months ago, which severely disrupted my memory.

So I *remember * printing the Advancement Certificates last year (after refreshing my memory, I finally found the LCR page, Reports - Certificates got me to here https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/records/cer ... dvancement). But my memory was that we prepped the certificates for the year, then had them ready to use as the children turned 12 and advanced.

Now, when I try to prepare one for a child who turns 12 in a couple of months, they will not pop up on the search, only his older siblings appear. Any advice?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Is there a way to print the Primary Advancement Certificate in advance of the child's 12th birthday?

Post by russellhltn »

According to the LCR Release Notes Archive, that function was added to LCR in May 2016. I'm not sure if it was removed from MLS at that time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
krmoe

Re: Is there a way to print the Primary Advancement Certificate in advance of the child's 12th birthday?

Post by krmoe »

I am getting the same result in LCR: ability to generate Primary advancement certificates for printing only a month or two into the future, not for the entire year to have them done and at the ready when each child advances. I know I did this successfully last year and yet cannot do so again this year. Would really like this ability back, or to at least understand that this has specifically changed by design.
supersc

Post by supersc »

This topic is now more important than ever for all Wards and Branches come next week! I suspect the Church is changing this capability (on LCR, under Reports, Print Certificates) so we may have the whole year of primary advancement certificates done by 1 January, correct?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

supersc wrote:This topic is now more important than ever for all Wards and Branches come next week! I suspect the Church is changing this capability (on LCR, under Reports, Print Certificates) so we may have the whole year of primary advancement certificates done by 1 January, correct?
I'm sure they are aware of it, but it would not hurt to provide feedback on the print certificates page of LCR. The decision makers do not visit this user-to-user help forum and the few church employees who are on the forum occasionally are here in an unofficial capacity. Feedback from LDS.org will be routed to the appropriate individuals, though you may not receive an individualized response.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I wonder about the future of the Advancement Certificate. The FAQs state "Bishoprics do not recognize children and youth in sacrament meeting when they move between organizations, classes, and quorums." So, the presentation of the certificate in sacrament meeting has been done away with. Also, they are advancing as a group and not individually, which throws some "shade" on the individual accomplishment aspect of it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

supersc wrote:I suspect the Church is changing this capability (on LCR, under Reports, Print Certificates) so we may have the whole year of primary advancement certificates done by 1 January, correct?
No, there are no plans to change this.

I haven't heard anything official, so my unofficial suspicion is that they will probably go away. I've got a request in to get a final answer.
supersc

Post by supersc »

Thanks for this info.
sarivek

Post by sarivek »

Yes please, Primary Certificate for [name removed]

[Moderator edit: Removed an apparent full name. This is a public forum.]
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Yes please, Primary Certificate
Contact your ward clerk for support, nobody here in the Forum will have access to that local information, we're regular members like yourself.

Return to “Reports and Forms”