How to report Home Teaching in LCR

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
DaytonSL

Re: How to report Home Teaching in LCR

Post by DaytonSL »

It sounds like everything is set up the way it is supposed to be.

What exactly am I supposed to be able to see and do with LCR?

1. Can I assign home teachers?
2. Can I move companionship to other districts?
3. Can I create new companionships and assign families to be visited?
4. Can I report who was visited?
5. Can I view individual districts and print the district so I can give each companionship a slip of who they are assigned to visited?

So far all I am able to do is edit district supervisors. And all I can see is a list of members and who is assigned to be their home teacher. Can you please tell me yes or no to my five questions above.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

daytonsl wrote:1. Can I assign home teachers?
2. Can I move companionship to other districts?
3. Can I create new companionships and assign families to be visited?
4. Can I report who was visited?
5. Can I view individual districts and print the district so I can give each companionship a slip of who they are assigned to visited?
Yes to all five questions.

Once you have gotten to the home teaching application (following my prior steps):

1a) On the Companionships tab, create a new companionship, if necessary, and then edit the companionship to add the family to the companionship, or
1b) On the Households tab, edit the family you want to assign home teachers to and select an existing companionship

2) On the Companionships tab, edit the companionship and use the "Move to" drop menu to move to a different district

3) On the Companionships tab, create a new companionship and assign families to that companionship

4a) On the Households tab, find the family that was visited and click on the circle to record whether the family was visited or not visited, or
4b) On the Companionships tab, find the companionship in the appropriate district and click on the circle to record whether the family was visited or not visited

5) View districts on the Companionships tab. To print, click on the Print button, select Assignments, selected Selected Districts, and select the districts to print

Based on what you say you can see, it sounds like you're not getting into the home teaching section of the application. You have to get to home teaching (Organizations > Home Teaching) to do these things.

As I mentioned, the Relief Society seems to have gotten it working. You may want to visit with a member of the Relief Society presidency and see if she can connect with the sister who has been managing visiting teaching. That person should be able to show you how they have been using it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:As I mentioned, the Relief Society seems to have gotten it working. ... That person should be able to show you how they have been using it.
I was so tempted, and you beat me to it. :D

Officially, the ward clerk is supposed to be doing training, but hey, training is training as long as it works! ;)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
DaytonSL

Post by DaytonSL »

I have included screen shots of all I am able to see when I'm logged in to LCR.

[Moderator note: Screen shots removed due to personal information included]
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

daytonsl wrote:I have included screen shots of all I am able to see when I'm logged in to LCR.
I removed the screen shots you posted because they contained quite a bit of personal information. This is a public forum and that information was visible to anyone viewing the page.

Based on the screen shots, you were able to successfully select the High Priests Group Leader role.

From the LCR landing page, click on the Menu button. Then click on the Organizations link on the menu. Then click on the Home Teaching link in that submenu. Since you appear to be using a tablet, you will need to scroll down quite a bit after clicking on Organizations to find the correct item on the submenu.

There is also a teaser tile at the bottom left of the tile group that says "Home and Visiting Teaching -- Click the Organizations menu and then Home and Visiting Teaching." You can click on that tile and go to the home teaching application. That tile may eventually go away and be replaced with something else, so it would be best to learn how to get to home teaching from the menu.
DaytonSL

Post by DaytonSL »

Got it.

Return to “Reports and Forms”