Request for ordination information form

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
lbunkall

Request for ordination information form

Post by lbunkall »

As referenced in Handbook I - 16.1.10 as a new Branch Clerk, I am looking to find and use a "Request for Ordinance Information" form. We received a new membership for a sister, age 89. Her membership record does not show a baptism or confirmation date. She said she was baptized when she was eight years old when living in Eureka, Utah. So far she has been unable to find any documents that recorded her baptism and confirmation.

I am hopeful Church Records before 1984 can be searched to find the dates for the ordinances.

Can anyone help me find the Request Ordinance Information form?
Last edited by aebrown on Tue May 24, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information
eblood66

Re: Request for ordination information form

Post by eblood66 »

You can order that form from store.lds.org. Make sure you sign in and then search for "Request for Ordinance Information".
iakona

Post by iakona »

I just searched the store and I do not see the form. (Calling = ward clerk). Has it been removed or is there some other way to get it?
Thanks
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

It still appears to be available. Make sure you are actually signed in. Click on My Store Account in the upper right hand corner and make sure it shows your name.

You can also try this direct link: https://store.lds.org/usa/en/request-fo ... nformation
scottandrewmarquis

Post by scottandrewmarquis »

I have a Brother asked why his records don't show that he was ordination is not showing up he was ordained Teacher when he was 14 yrs. but didn't remember who did the ordinance .

He though it was done in Naches, Washington it was a Branch or it may 2nd ward in Yakima, Washington.

What must I do to find out how we can correct this problem
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

scottandrewmarquis wrote:What must I do to find out how we can correct this problem
Instructions are found in Handbook 1, 16.1.10.1.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

scottandrewmarquis wrote:I have a Brother asked why his records don't show that he was ordination is not showing up he was ordained Teacher when he was 14 yrs. but didn't remember who did the ordinance .

He though it was done in Naches, Washington it was a Branch or it may 2nd ward in Yakima, Washington.

What must I do to find out how we can correct this problem
If he has been ordained an elder, remember that Aaronic Priesthood offices are not displayed for members holding the Melchizedek Priesthood.
kenroberts

Post by kenroberts »

I was ordained an Elder on 2 April 1970 at BYU. I have served in numerous Church callings since that time, Branch President, District President, High Counselor (5 times) Bishopric, acting Bishop, member of 5 Stake Mission Presidencies, Ordained Seventy upon return from my mission to Republic of China in 1974, etc. I have served as a Chaplain since 2011. I have been nominated to serve as Chaplain General for a National Organization but they only consider chaplains who are "regularly ordained ministers" I have provided them with copy of my certificate of ordination as a Seventy in 1974 but a letter of recommendation from a member of my previous Stake Presidency stated that I was originally ordained to the ministry on 2 April 1970 ( the year I became an Elder) and now they are requesting a copy of that certificate of ordination- which has been misplaced. The ordination was performed by my first Bishop, Arthur Browne- but he passed a number of years ago - so I cannot ask him for his help. The Stake President was Ivan J Barrett and he is also no longer with us. Normally I would seek help from the Presiding Bishopric, but I have been advised that they are not the proper place to seek this information. Please help.

Kenneth Roberts
[Address removed]
Last edited by russellhltn on Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Address removed - this is a public forum
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Your ward clerk can print a certificate, but it will have the signatures of your current leadership.

The clerk could inquire with the Church Historical Department if they have anything. Being 1970, I think there's a fair chance they would. But I'm not sure if they can produce a certificate or just confirm the record.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Reports and Forms”