New Quarterly Report

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
BobMac

New Quarterly Report

Post by BobMac »

Are there any recommendations or guidelines on how we are to collect "Adults and youth who submitted ancestor names for temple ordinances"?
TinMan

Re: New Quarterly Report

Post by TinMan »

I wonder if that number will be populated automatically from temple records.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

TinMan wrote:I wonder if that number will be populated automatically from temple records.
No wondering is required. The 1 Feb 2014 letter on this topic specifically said: "These additions will not require that clerks gather or enter new information."

And to be precise, the numbers for "Adults and youth who have submitted ancestor names for temple ordinances" don't come from temple records, but from FamilySearch records. It's the submission that is tracked, not the performing of the ordinance.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

But, don't you need to actually take the Family Search sheets to the temple and get pink/blue cards made, for them to get into the church's system?

Or is that just the old way of doing it?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

TinMan wrote:But, don't you need to actually take the Family Search sheets to the temple and get pink/blue cards made, for them to get into the church's system?
The new report item is "Adults and youth who have submitted ancestor names for temple ordinances." Since the item (we have been told) will be populated automatically, I suspect they will use the number of members who have reserved a name at FamilySearch for temple ordinance work.

Remember, it is not the number of names submitted, but the number of members who have submitted names.

Although, as you suggest, they might well track the number of members who actually have names printed out for ordinance work at the temple. I think the technology is there.

In any event, there is nothing for the clerk to gather or do (except his own temple work).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

TinMan wrote:But, don't you need to actually take the Family Search sheets to the temple and get pink/blue cards made, for them to get into the church's system?

Or is that just the old way of doing it?
FamilySearch IS part of the Church. But as in many cases, the Church has a variety of different databases and services that store data, and these systems need to communicate with each other. In this case, the data about submissions is fed from FamilySearch systems to the system that gathers data for the quarterly report.

You still have to take the Family Ordinance Request to a temple in order to get the pink/blue cards printed, but that's not the trigger for counting a submission. For example, when a member shares a name with the temple system for ordinance work, that counts as a submission for that member, even though that member will never go to the temple and print the cards for that submission.

But in any case, the major point here is that clerks don't need to gather, calculate, or enter any of these numbers. These numbers will be gathered automatically.
rgdlm

Post by rgdlm »

When will the new quarterly report actually be available on clerk resources? 2014 quarter 1 is not yet an option? I was hoping to go on and see how it looks. Obviously we have several weeks before the information will be complete.
Also is there a report for individuals who are sealed to a spouse (Item #1 on new report) or will that also be generated for us? And do I count as one and my wife count as one in that scenario since we are sealed to each other? Furthermore I would assume widows and widowers would count here. I just looked at a sister's record in our ward who is a widow was sealed to a former spouse and who's record show's her current deceased spouse she is not sealed to. If you don't look in both household and ordinances tabs on their record you would probably miss. Hopefully this will all be populated for us. Thanks for letting me ramble a little.
danpass

Post by danpass »

rgdlm wrote:I was hoping to go on and see how it looks. Obviously we have several weeks before the information will be complete.
See this post from last week.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

rgdlm wrote:When will the new quarterly report actually be available on clerk resources? 2014 quarter 1 is not yet an option? I was hoping to go on and see how it looks. Obviously we have several weeks before the information will be complete.
You will not be able to see the report until the quarter has ended. For Clerk Resources, this is the morning of April 1. For MLS, this is after your first send/receive on or after April 1. Reports for subsequent quarters will not be available until the day after the quarter ends.
rgdlm wrote:Also is there a report for individuals who are sealed to a spouse (Item #1 on new report) or will that also be generated for us? And do I count as one and my wife count as one in that scenario since we are sealed to each other? Furthermore I would assume widows and widowers would count here.
Item #1 (individuals who are sealed to a spouse) is calculated for you. You and your wife are each sealed to a spouse, so you count as two. Widows and widowers count if they are sealed to a deceased spouse. It gets more complicated from there. Questions like "what about members who were baptized less than a year ago" and "what about people who were married less than one year ago" have all been considered.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:You will not be able to see the report until the quarter has ended. For Clerk Resources, this is the morning of April 1. For MLS, this is after your first send/receive on or after April 1. Reports for subsequent quarters will not be available until the day after the quarter ends.
April 1st, which time zone? Don't want someone from Guam complaining at Noon, March 31st MDT because it's 5AM April 1st his time and he can't see it. :rolleyes:
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Reports and Forms”