Elders Quorum Roll... Who do I count?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
davidgw

Re: Elders Quorum Roll... Who do I count?

Postby davidgw » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:01 pm

As a ward clerk, I send out the "Potential" list to each of the quorum/auxiliary secretaries, and ask them to identify who on the list are NOT attending any of the meetings. This provides 2 main benefits: (1) it helps the bishop and quorum/aux leadership know who is not attending, and (2) it allows me to double check/correct any errors from the secretaries. Initially, our ward was not counting full-time missionaries from our ward, and sometimes missed people with other callings. Just recently, a new secretary identified the RS president and Primary president as not having attended RS meetings, because they had not "marked the attendance roll" that is passed around in class!) Training moment!)

eblood66

Re: Elders Quorum Roll... Who do I count?

Postby eblood66 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:39 pm

davidgw wrote:As a ward clerk, I send out the "Potential" list to each of the quorum/auxiliary secretaries, and ask them to identify who on the list are NOT attending any of the meetings. This provides 2 main benefits: (1) it helps the bishop and quorum/aux leadership know who is not attending, and (2) it allows me to double check/correct any errors from the secretaries. Initially, our ward was not counting full-time missionaries from our ward, and sometimes missed people with other callings. Just recently, a new secretary identified the RS president and Primary president as not having attended RS meetings, because they had not "marked the attendance roll" that is passed around in class!) Training moment!)

This is exactly what I used to do as ward clerk. The EQ and RS leaders did not always stay up to date about who had callings in primary or YW and YM.

Return to “Reports and Forms”