Budget Allowance Summary Report

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
rheroux

Budget Allowance Summary Report

Post by rheroux »

Greetings!

I'm a stake clerk and my stake president asked me today whether it is possible to generate the "Budget Allowance Summary Report" through LCR.
(I'm referring to the report that can be generated through MLS.)

We agreed that it would be very helpful to be able to get at that information through LCR, but can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks in advance!
Ron Heroux
davesudweeks

Re: Budget Allowance Summary Report

Post by davesudweeks »

I don't think it is available yet.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I see the quarterly Budget Allowance Report in LCR Finance, but not the detailed budget reports I see in MLS.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

It is available in LCR but you cannot generate it. You just have to wait until the Finance Department makes it available, just as with the reports in MLS.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I could be wrong, but I think the OP was referring to the budget report that lists individual organizations and their YTD spending to their budget line. I see the Budget Allowance Report and the Monthly Unit statement, but not the organization budget report. I, too would like to access this in LCR so if I am missing where it is located, please enlighten me :)
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Might be wrong, but the Budget Report generated in MLS, is only available in MLS, as the budget created by each Unit is unique. Therefore it isn’t transmitted to the Church servers. This is not to say that this won’t be an available option in the future, in LCR.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

To me it would be easier to have a 'regular' review of the budget during SP Meetings, quarterly or whatever, it should be done that much with HC and Stake Council anyway. But either way, a Stake Clerk can use MLS to have that detail available. A report like this doesn't strike me as something we should need ad-hoc. But that's just me.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:Might be wrong, but the Budget Report generated in MLS, is only available in MLS, as the budget created by each Unit is unique. Therefore it isn’t transmitted to the Church servers. This is not to say that this won’t be an available option in the future, in LCR.
That's my understanding - some financial information is strictly local to the MLS program running on the clerk's computer. LCR can't display what isn't sent to CHQ.

I'm sure that will change - in it's own due time. (Perhaps in a modern-day version of wondering in the wilderness - when all of the current clerks are released. :mrgreen: )
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rheroux

Post by rheroux »

davesudweeks wrote:I could be wrong, but I think the OP was referring to the budget report that lists individual organizations and their YTD spending to their budget line. I see the Budget Allowance Report and the Monthly Unit statement, but not the organization budget report. I, too would like to access this in LCR so if I am missing where it is located, please enlighten me :)
You WERE correct - that is what I was asking for.

Thanks all for the education - sounds like it is not available through LCR, because it never travels off my local computer.

(And hopefully it won’t be 40 years of wandering in the wilderness before my release...). :)

Return to “Reports and Forms”