Custom Report Problem - Sealed Member with Deceased Spouse

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
rlangdorf

Custom Report Problem - Sealed Member with Deceased Spouse

Post by rlangdorf »

I have been working with the stake presidency to track members who have been sealed and the only way to do that effectively is to create a custom report of sealed members using MLS (. I can do this by using the criteria "Marriage Status is" "Sealed to Spouse." However, I have found that this list only includes those members who are sealed to a living spouse--I immediately noticed that a sister who was recently sealed to her husband is no longer showing on this list following her husband's death (shortly after they were sealed). I tried to add the "Marriage Status is" "Sealed to Prior Spouse" to the report, but this still does not include her. Her individual record shows the sealing with date, so I am completely baffled as to how she is not showing on this report I imagine I am missing other widowed members as well. Any ideas?

Rob Langdorf
Stake Clerk
Lexington Kentucky Stake
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Custom Report Problem - Sealed Member with Deceased Spouse

Post by russellhltn »

Can you list the details of the conditions? It might be there's other conditions and they're not adding up the way you want them to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rlangdorf

Post by rlangdorf »

The only conditions I used are:

Married Status is Sealed to Spouse
or Married Status is Sealed to Prior Spouse
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

As far as I can tell, it looks like its a quirk (possibly a bug) in MLS. If the member is widowed the custom reports do not treat Sealed to Spouse or Sealed to Prior Spouse to be true even though the sealing is on the record. The Sealing Date doesn't show on the custom report either. Unfortunately, even if it's a bug it's unlikely to be fixed since all the effort is being directed to moving MLS features to LCR.
rlangdorf

Post by rlangdorf »

That's kind of what I was thinking. Can you think of any way I could manipulate the criteria to get the list I'm looking for?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

rlangdorf wrote:I have been working with the stake presidency to track members who have been sealed and the only way to do that effectively is to create a custom report of sealed members using MLS (. I can do this by using the criteria "Marriage Status is" "Sealed to Spouse." However, I have found that this list only includes those members who are sealed to a living spouse--I immediately noticed that a sister who was recently sealed to her husband is no longer showing on this list following her husband's death (shortly after they were sealed). I tried to add the "Marriage Status is" "Sealed to Prior Spouse" to the report, but this still does not include her. Her individual record shows the sealing with date, so I am completely baffled as to how she is not showing on this report I imagine I am missing other widowed members as well. Any ideas?
Use the quarterly report. The first line on the quarterly report is "Individuals who are sealed to a spouse in the temple." That statistic and the underlying details should give you what you need.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I really don't need this information at this time, but I was curious so I checked the quarterly report, and it is exactly as scgallafent reported. I am constantly amazed at the amount of information available to us online! Thanks again to the tech people who make this possible!
rlangdorf

Post by rlangdorf »

Use the quarterly report. The first line on the quarterly report is "Individuals who are sealed to a spouse in the temple." That statistic and the underlying details should give you what you need.
I guess that gives me the right set of names, but it doesn't give me the ability to sort by anything other than name. I would like to be able to sort by sealing date so that we can easily identify who was most recently sealed. I could do that with the custom list except for the apparent bug.

Return to “Reports and Forms”