How do I enter a baby blessing on LCR and record membership?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
osbooks

How do I enter a baby blessing on LCR and record membership?

Post by osbooks »

I'm new in the calling and can't find where to enter the information for a new baby blessing and then add the baby's information to the family membership record.
eblood66

Re: How do I enter a baby blessing on LCR and record membership?

Post by eblood66 »

You need to create a new record for the child. First, in LCR select Membership > Create Record from the menu. Enter the information requested and then click the Print Create Record Form and print the partially pre-filled form it generates. You then need to have the family fill out and sign the form to give permission to create the record. Alternatively you can click the Blank Create Record Form link toward the bottom of the screen and have the parents fill entire form out.

Once you have the signed form, you again select Membership > Create Record, enter the information and then click Continue. It will guide you through selecting or entering the mother's and father's information and entering the blessing date. At the end it will offer to create the blessing certificate which you can then print. Once you're through the process the child will have a new record and it will be linked to his or her mother's and father's records and will be placed in their household.
Emmanuel_Afrifa

Post by Emmanuel_Afrifa »

LCR does not provide the option for the blessing date. It will create the Membership Record without asking for the blessing information.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

If (for whatever reason) you don't get the certificate printed while creating the record you can go back and select Reports > Print Certificates, select Child Blessing and then enter the child's name or MRN, the blessing date and print the certificate.
guilin2001

Post by guilin2001 »

If the child is not born in the covenant, can a baby blessing still be recorded?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

guilin2001 wrote:If the child is not born in the covenant, can a baby blessing still be recorded?
A baby blessing is not recorded on the membership record.

The baby blessing is an event that means a membership record should be created if one has not already been created. See General Handbook, 33.6.2. A baby blessing is not required before the membership record can be created.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

guilin2001 wrote:If the child is not born in the covenant, can a baby blessing still be recorded?
Absolutely! The two are not related.

However, permission must be granted. See General Handbook 18.4 for details.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ccordoba24

Post by ccordoba24 »

Hi,

I'm also a new clerk.

I can print out the Blessing certificate, for Bishop to sign, but how can I add the blessing date to the child's membership record?

That record was created more than a year ago but the baby was only blessed last Feb due to covid restrictions.

So how do you add or edit the Blessing details in to a record which was created over a year ago? (any suggestions are welcomed :D )
ccordoba24

Post by ccordoba24 »

scgallafent wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:59 pm
A baby blessing is not recorded on the membership record.

The baby blessing is an event that means a membership record should be created if one has not already been created. See General Handbook, 33.6.2. A baby blessing is not required before the membership record can be created.
Oh, just saw this....

Does this mean that membership records don't have blessing details at all? I've checked a few kids under 8 and none have blessing date, so is it the current rule to not record any blessing dates?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ccordoba24 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:50 am
scgallafent wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:59 pm A baby blessing is not recorded on the membership record.
Does this mean that membership records don't have blessing details at all?
That is correct. It is not a saving ordinance.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”