Who Trains a Financial Clerk?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
cahoca

Who Trains a Financial Clerk?

Post by cahoca »

As a new financial clerk, I was wondering if anyone in our ward/stake can can offer some type of training. I have made use of the online training but I have run into situations where I don't know the answer or I'm not sure how to enter something correctly. More than anything, who should I ask for help when these things come up? Thanks, Chuck
eblood66

Re: Who Trains a Financial Clerk?

Post by eblood66 »

Your main resources are your ward clerk (he may or may not have experience as a financial clerk but if he's been clerk for a while he may still have picked up a lot), your stake financial clerk and your stake clerk. If none of them know the answer they probably know a clerk in another ward or a former clerk who can help out. If all else fails the stake clerk can call Local Unit Support for help.

And, of course, there are many knowledgeable clerks and former clerks on the forums here that can usually help out, albeit with limitations (we can't see your data and everything has to be written through the forums).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Who Trains a Financial Clerk?

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:albeit with limitations (we can't see your data and everything has to be written through the forums).
Just remember, the forum is public, so it's unwise to post details. But usually one can post an example that's close enough to elicit useful responses.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”