Need help with records

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
dbreinholt

Need help with records

Post by dbreinholt »

:confused:
We have, in our ward, a recently married couple. The husband moved into the wife’s home. Showing them married and getting his recordsinto the ward went fine until tithing settlement. Our financial clerk tried to print theircontributions summary for them to review, but could not find them except bylisting them as an outside donor. Wefurther discovered they do not show up on MLS or any attendance rolls. They do, however, show up on “ClerksResources” on the LDS web site with all their information. Any suggestions on how to correct thisproblem would be greatly appreciated.
rontilby

Post by rontilby »

Here's what I would do:
1. Login to LDS.ORG, go to Clerk Resources, find them, and print their Membership Records.
2. Login to MLS, and try to print their Membership Records.
3. If you can't find their membership records on the Print Membership Records selection screen, then you'll have to Request their records again through MLS using the information on the Membership Records that you printed on LDS.ORG.
4. After you receive each of their membership records in MLS, go into MLS Finance and link the existing donor record(s) with the correct membership record. They should then show up on the Tithing Settlement reports.
5. Verify on both MLS MEMBERSHIP Record printouts that the current spouse is correct (including the Membership Record Number).
6. Provide INDIVIDUAL ORDINANCE SUMMARY Record printouts from MLS to the members for their review along with their Tithing Settlement statements.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rontilby wrote:3. If you can't find their membership records on the Print Membership Records selection screen, then you'll have to Request their records again through MLS using the information on the Membership Records that you printed on LDS.ORG.
If the records can't be found, I'd do a Unit data refresh.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dbreinholt

Post by dbreinholt »

Thanks, it worked.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dbreinholt wrote:Thanks, it worked.

Just so we know, what worked? The refresh or ordering the records?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dbreinholt

Post by dbreinholt »

RussellHltn wrote:Just so we know, what worked? The refresh or ordering the records?

I requested the records by using the member's name, birthday and membership number. Maybe using all three helped.
Jamrine

Re: Need help with records

Post by Jamrine »

Can I print attendance rolls from home?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
pixel

Post by pixel »

I have a new Young Women's Advisor which I have put into the system but because it is a custom calling she cannot access the records she needs for her position. I have tried to put her in as a secretary but all the callings are full in the YW organisation and it won't allow me to put in another secretary. So how do I add a new calling that will give her the access she needs?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

pixel wrote:I have a new Young Women's Advisor which I have put into the system but because it is a custom calling she cannot access the records she needs for her position. I have tried to put her in as a secretary but all the callings are full in the YW organisation and it won't allow me to put in another secretary. So how do I add a new calling that will give her the access she needs?
The only way to provide rights is by using a calling that provides those rights. Any information needed by YW Advisor's would generally be provided by the YW presidency or the YW secretary. They are the only one's who have access to LCR.

Note that there is a standard calling for YM Advisor but it doesn't give any rights to LCR (although it does give at least some rights to the Personal Progress site).

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”