Name for Priesthood Leader and Clerk Training Site

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
TullisDA

Name for Priesthood Leader and Clerk Training Site

Post by TullisDA »

Church headquarters is putting together a web site which will host record keeping training, help, and instructions for priesthood leaders, clerks, auditors, and executive secretaries. We invite all those who are involved with record keeping to offer their suggestions for the English name for this site.

The name should be easy to remember, easy to translate into many languages, and descriptive enough to help a both new and experienced leaders and clerks know that it is the source for training, help, and instruction.
Instructional Designer/Writer
Finance and Records Department
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Since this sounds like support for administrative functions rather then ecclesiastical functions, I'd suggest Admin Support (admin.lds.org). I'm avoiding using the word "clerk" so as no one thinks it's just for clerks.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Since the focus is on record keeping, I would suggest Record Keeping Learning Center. I think the concept of a "Learning Center" is broad enough to encompass documentation, training, and help.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
TullisDA

Post by TullisDA »

Because the scope cannot include leaders (that role is under the Priesthood Department), we are back to clerks and auditors. Some have suggested "Clerk and Technology Support."

We will pass any and all your recommendations to the product managers.
Instructional Designer/Writer
Finance and Records Department
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

tullisda wrote:Because the scope cannot include leaders (that role is under the Priesthood Department), we are back to clerks and auditors. Some have suggested "Clerk and Technology Support."

We will pass any and all your recommendations to the product managers.
I would avoid "Support" unless it includes active help desk type functions. It would make it more confusing when talking about this site vs. local unit support.

Personally I like aebrown's suggestion of "Learning Center" whether it's "Record Keeping Learning Center" as he suggested or a hybrid "Clerk and Technology Learning Center".
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tullisda wrote:Some have suggested "Clerk and Technology Support."
Um, except that's the name of this forum. Seems like it would cause confusion. Also, how would this be different then the leadership portal?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tullisda wrote:Because the scope cannot include leaders (that role is under the Priesthood Department), we are back to clerks and auditors. Some have suggested "Clerk and Technology Support."

Even though the scope may not technically include leaders, it can still be a helpful resource for leaders (and I guarantee that some leaders will find helpful information there, no matter what we call it). So I would advise against using the word "clerk" -- after all, you mentioned auditors as part of the target audience, and executive secretaries certainly will be interested in some of the content. If we use "Clerk" in the title, then some of those people may not think it applies to them.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
christianjacobsen

Post by christianjacobsen »

How about Record Keeping Resource Center? This captures the intent of the site (Record Keeping) and keeps it general vs only for clerks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure as the non-clerks see themselves as record keepers. Perhaps Records and Reports?

JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

My idea is 'Leader and Clerk Record-Keeping Learning Center'

1. It is inclusive, as it recognizes both groups which is the site's target audience.
2. 'Learning Center' is already translated out, as the term is used on FamilySearch, especially the nFS area which is translated into the core languages already I believe. 'Help Center' should be avoided though.
3. This idea uses only one conjunction (English language) making it more easily translatable should there be any need to add similar terms, and if there's less to translate, it will be easier for the resulting phraseology of the title in other languages to fit into a desired space on the top of the pages created for it.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”