Annual ward history template?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
OdoomMK

Re: Annual ward history template?

Postby OdoomMK » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:36 am

Please Where can I find the Ward history cover sheet?

drepouille

Postby drepouille » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:38 pm

There is no cover sheet for wards and branches. Only for stakes and districts.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

davesudweeks

Postby davesudweeks » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:44 pm

OdoomMK wrote:Please Where can I find the Ward history cover sheet?

You can ask your Stake Clerk if the Stake would like you to use the Stakes and Districts one (like ours does) or if he has another format he would prefer.

dawolf

Postby dawolf » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:32 pm

I'm going to join the chorus of asking for a template. Also a lot of the data that is asked in the basic report is already in the LCR.

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby scgallafent » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:28 am

dawolf wrote:I'm going to join the chorus of asking for a template.

Asking whom? This is a user-to-user support forum with no official Church presence. There are a few Church employees who participate, but we're not the ones that would decide to provide a template or design it.

If you really feel there needs to be a template beyond what is provided in the Stake, District, and Mission Annual Histories guide, that request needs to go to your stake clerk and then he and your stake president can communicate that need to their presiding authorities.

chriswoodut

Postby chriswoodut » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:41 am

I came to the forum looking for a template or requirements as well, even though this is my 2nd or 3rd go at the ward history. It looks like I'm doing what others are.

Here's what I include:
- Ward theme
- Deaths
- Births/adoptions
- Marriages (I try to include marriages of children of family members that aren't in the ward but I know I miss a lot)
- Activities / big calendar items like camps, conferences, etc
- Missionaries serving from our ward
- High level leadership list
- I ask each organization to include a summary of some of their bigger activities and ask for a couple photos if they have them. Honestly, the RS and YW provide pretty long histories with great photos.
- I include our ward newsletters that get delivered on fast sundays (that's like 80 pages worth of scanned docs). We may stop doing the newsletter since so much is online now but until then I'll include it.

For 2018, I'm going to add the following (based on what I read on this thread):
- Maybe Statistics that LCR won't have -- average sacrament meeting attendance
- Family history & temple work -- our ward usually has a project for something family history related. One year was indexing. This year is the great jail break of 2018 where our FH consultants are helping our ward "save a ward" on the other side by trying to get one name submitted from each person in our ward that is older than 12. They are so far ahead they're going to easily get it done but it takes a lot of visits to people's houses to get them setup on Family Search and help them find a name.

I will say I have a couple organizations (ok, the men) that are difficult to get something out of. If know anything about them I will put something in before considering it complete.

My document for 2017 is 109 pages; 30 pages from myself and the organizations (a lot of white space in there) and 79 pages are the newsletters. The newsletter really packs on the length.

Chris

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”