Correcting bad data on a member record?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lukesmith

Correcting bad data on a member record?

Post by lukesmith »

There are a father and son in my branch that have very similar names. When the father was ordained a high priest, the clerk in that ward mistakenly recorded that ordinance in the son's member record. Now father and son have identical ordinances recorded; names, dates, etc. How do I get that corrected in the son's records to reflect his actual ordination and office?

Thank you for any help on this puzzler.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Correcting bad data on a member record?

Post by russellhltn »

It looks like it can be done in MLS. Pull up the individual membership record. Go to "ordinances". You should see a "Remove" link to the right of the priesthood ordination.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
erickswa

Post by erickswa »

How do I access MLS?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

erickswa wrote:How do I access MLS?
MLS is a program that runs on the computer in the clerk's office. It's only for used by the clerks and some bishopric members.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

MLS is the program that runs on the clerk computer. Nowadays it's mostly used for financial things like recording donations.

You can also delete an ordination in LCR by finding the member's profile (using the Member List for instance), clicking on the Ordinance tab, click on the pencil icon to the right of the ordinance and then clicking the Delete button.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

erickswa wrote:How do I access MLS?
Your ward clerk uses LCR and MLS to maintain membership records. If there is a problem with information on your record, speak with your ward clerk and he will let you know what information you need to provide him so that he can fix an error on your membership record.
bmtapp

Post by bmtapp »

I'm currently serving as a Stake Clerk. We have a Bishop in our Stake that was ordain a High Priest 12 Aug 2007 and Called as Bishop 30 Aug 2015. However his Ordination date for both High Priest and Bishop are showing as 12 Aug 2007 on LDS.org. Under the Ordinances tab it does not allow me to change the Ordained Bishop date from 12 Aug 2007 to 30 Aug 2015. Any advise on how to fix this?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

You can either call Local Unit Support when they are open, or you can send a message through MLS to the Membership department.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

If he is still serving as bishop you can edit the ordination information by going to the calling and editing that.
markevans1952

Post by markevans1952 »

I am a new ward clerk. How do I correct a members birthdate?

Return to “Membership Help”