Temple Recommend Activation

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
robertdanieljohnson

Temple Recommend Activation

Postby robertdanieljohnson » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:53 am

Hi. I am a recently called Stake Clerk. Recently I have had some issues validating temple recommends where it appears that a unit is issuing temple recommends from two separate books.
Can someone confirm whether you can use more than one temple recommend book at the same time?

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Temple Recommend Activation

Postby scgallafent » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:52 am

Most wards use more than one temple recommend book all of the time. In our ward, the bishop is issuing living ordinance recommends and also keeps a regular recommend book in his office. The counselors use a recommend book that is kept in the file cabinet. That is three books being used at the same time.

It could be that the recommend book is not recorded as being assigned to your stake. Did the ward mark the recommend book received in MLS? If that doesn't resolve it, you may have to contact the Global Service Center so that someone can look into why the recommend activation is failing.

robertdanieljohnson

Postby robertdanieljohnson » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:57 am

Many thanks for your reply.
I was aware that you could use a living ordinance book alongside a regular one, but wanted to check whether you could have two regular recommend books on the go at the same time.
I will double-check with the unit Ward Clerk to see if the books have both been marked received in MLS.

ernestj

Postby ernestj » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:26 pm

How and who and where are the recommend books supposed to be marked received in MLS. Not familiar with that process.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”