Missionary Online Recommendation System logins not functioning

Discussions about other Church websites
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

It is now up and running.
jwtaber

Post by jwtaber »

crislapi wrote:It is now up and running.
And two weeks later I'm getting a call from a high councilor (we're in the same ward) saying his son is having trouble setting up his account. Specifically, he's being told his signon is already in use (or something like that, remember I'm hearing this second-hand). Any insights on this?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

jwtaber wrote:And two weeks later I'm getting a call from a high councilor (we're in the same ward) saying his son is having trouble setting up his account. Specifically, he's being told his signon is already in use (or something like that, remember I'm hearing this second-hand). Any insights on this?
If he's having trouble setting up his account, that's because you can't create an account on the mission recommend system - you are granted access because you either are a bishop/clerk or the bishop/clerk has initiated a recommend for you. If he has never been in there before, the most likely explanation is he doesn't currently have a recommend so the system won't let him log in. He needs to talk to the bishop.

If it's that he already has an account, it's because he is trying to create a second account for the same membership info. This is probably also true and is related to #1. With no recommend active for him, he can't log in. So he thought he'd try to create an account, but it's the same LDS account used on most of the other lds.org sites. It sounds like he already has one, so the system is telling him that he can't have two accounts linked to the same membership number.

Fix for both - talk to the bishop and have him initiate a new recommend for you friend's son. Only after that is done will he be able to log in.
mccaffree

Missionary Online Recommendation System

Post by mccaffree »

When I tried to log into my son's account, it showed a message that the system will be down until 3AM on December 17.

Return to “Other Websites”