PROBLEMS GETTING TICKETS FOR CHRISTMAS PROGRAM

Discussions about other Church websites
veehb

PROBLEMS GETTING TICKETS FOR CHRISTMAS PROGRAM

Post by veehb »

There is no telephone web support for the special events ticket office. It's server is apparently overloaded. My wife called in today at 10:00 am MST to get tickets for the Christmas program and got into the queue to get tickets. She was given tickets and then asked for her user name and password. It would not accept her password. Finally it accepted it and then started to assign her tickets and a timer started counting down and then timed out before her tickets were issued. Several others in my stake are having the same experience.

She tried again and again and was awarded tickets, asked for her username and password and got further this time, then a message that the service is temporarily unavailable.

I'm sure the servers are overloaded! There must be a better way to distribute tickets for special events such as this. There are probably hundreds of thousands of very frustrated members trying for the 20,000 plus tickets.

Hope someone is looking into this and will find a better, less frustrating way to distribute the tickets.

Our technology has to a be better than this! Any comments or suggestions.

Vee Butterfield
Bennion Utah East Stake Executive Secretary
October 20, 2018
deonbird

Re: PROBLEMS GETTING TICKETS FOR CHRISTMAS PROGRAM

Post by deonbird »

I agree, I tried for an hour to get on with no luck at all. My sister also tried and she was in a virtual waiting room for over an hour. Then it said that she was in the queue and then it said all the tickets had been distributed. We don't get the opportunity to get tickets to things at the conference center much because we live outside the state of Utah and we never have been able to get into an event even if we plan ahead. I guess i'm hoping the new ticket system will also track those who get tickets every year and distribute it a little more evenly? I know other people who have their whole family try for tickets just to get 4 for a few family members. Hard to compete with 20 people who all apply and get several sets when they really only wanted 4 for a family that asked them to apply for them. There has got to be a better way. Hope this helps to get it figured out.

Deon Bird
Vancouver, WA Stake
October 21, 2018
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: PROBLEMS GETTING TICKETS FOR CHRISTMAS PROGRAM

Post by Mikerowaved »

Yes, it can be frustrating, but you DO have a second chance.

From the event webpage:
In Case You Don't Get Tickets, Try the Standby Line

Ticket requests for the concerts continue to increase each year. Patrons without tickets should consider waiting in the standby line, which will form at the north gate of Temple Square on each night of the concerts. Patrons in this line will be seated in the Tabernacle and taken to the Conference Center to fill empty seats as they are available. Standbys are often able to be seated in the Conference Center, but if not, the concert will be screened live on the big screens in the Tabernacle.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Other Websites”