ldscharts.com

Discussions about other Church websites
woodnd

ldscharts.com

Post by woodnd »

Has anyone used apps from the following website?

www.ldscharts.com

I just sent them the following request for information and we'll see how they respond:

Thank you for providing these apps! To what extent do you have access to our ward members names and callings when we use your apps? I am comfortable with the personal information agreement where my information is concerned, but I am highly reluctant to use any app that may gain access to our unit member's information without their consent.

Thanks for any insight you all may have!

Nate
Georgetown Ward Clerk (Kentucky)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: ldscharts.com

Post by russellhltn »

It looks like a placeholder as there's no information on how to access these apps. Frankly, I'm leery about them because I can't see how they could function without proving your lds account to non-church software - a big no-no.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
woodnd

Post by woodnd »

Agreed. Apparently you format an excel file on your PC and the app (also installed on the machine) connects to the that file so it stays local to the machine. I am not a programmer in any way so I cannot verify. At no time have they asked for my unit ID or lds.org ID.

Here is the response I received from them.

Hi Nate

An excellent question, and you’ll be pleased to know that we don’t have any access to your data. It stays on your PC/laptop, and doesn’t get transmitted to anyone or stored anywhere else.

Once you edit the Organization.csv file in Excel with your ward callings and members, the app just reads it, and displays the information as an Organization chart.

If you get stuck we will be happy to help to get you going.

All the best

The LDS Charts Team
lrswift

Post by lrswift »

I have used the LDSCharts app for a number of years. There is no direct access to the Ward information in LCR. I use a separate CSV file to feed the app. However, I noticed last week that the app is no longer working.

Return to “Other Websites”