Handbook 2 on ldsbsa.org

Discussions about other Church websites
drepouille

Handbook 2 on ldsbsa.org

Post by drepouille »

One of the results I received from a Google search was a link to the Handbook 2 PDF on ldsbsa.org. I found that I could access and download this manual without authentication.

http://www.ldsbsa.org/leader-resources/handbooks/

http://www.ldsbsa.org/wp-content/upload ... book-2.pdf

I wonder if this level of access was intended by those who design and manage ldsbsa.org?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
kd7mha

Re: Handbook 2 on ldsbsa.org

Post by kd7mha »

you can also access HB2 on LDS.org without authenticaion
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I was wondering about that. I had a faint memory of the "handbook leaks" back in 2010-2011. I seem to remember that the Brethren just gave up trying to keep Handbook 2 confidential.

On the other hand, I find that members are more curious about "hidden things" rather than information published in the clear. The Church has published much interesting information in the Ensign over the past 46 years or so -- information that surprises and shocks many members, who never read it.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

drepouille wrote:I was wondering about that. I had a faint memory of the "handbook leaks" back in 2010-2011. I seem to remember that the Brethren just gave up trying to keep Handbook 2 confidential.
Handbook 2 was published in 2010 and was open to the public on LDS.org at that time. There was never any attempt to keep the 2010 Handbook 2 confidential -- it was publicly viewable from the beginning.

Return to “Other Websites”