Changing e-mail address on CDOL

Discussions about other Church websites
eaglesau1

Changing e-mail address on CDOL

Post by eaglesau1 »

To whom this may concern,

This is Bishop Samuel Au writing, Markham Ward, Toronto Ontario Stake Canada.

The CDOL still lists my old e-mail account. I have updated on MLS and my lds.org account to my current e-mail address but that did not update my listing on CDOL. I cannot seem to find a way to change it. Please kindly advise.

Have a good day.

SA
drepouille

Re: Changing e-mail address on CDOL

Post by drepouille »

Bishop, in the past, the stake clerk had to update the stake MLS and submit a LUCR (Local Unit Change Request) to update information for Tier 1 positions on CDOL. However, I am not sure what the current procedure is.
Dana Repouille
Council Bluffs Iowa Stake
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

You can change it in LCR on the callings (Bishopric or callings by organization) page
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

eaglesau1 wrote:To whom this may concern,

This is Bishop Samuel Au writing, Markham Ward, Toronto Ontario Stake Canada.

The CDOL still lists my old e-mail account. I have updated on MLS and my lds.org account to my current e-mail address but that did not update my listing on CDOL. I cannot seem to find a way to change it. Please kindly advise.

Have a good day.

SA
Go to your entry in CDOL and where all your details are. Select 'Position Summary.' In the top left of the screen select 'Edit Assignment' Here you can edit various parameters, including your email address.

If for some reason you can't access this area, your Ward Clerk can. Just point him to where to look.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:If for some reason you can't access this area, your Ward Clerk can.
I'm not 100% sure if that's true. I remember others saying they couldn't edit it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
Biggles wrote:If for some reason you can't access this area, your Ward Clerk can.
I'm not 100% sure if that's true. I remember others saying they couldn't edit it.
It worked just fine last time I tried it.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

lajackson wrote:
russellhltn wrote:
It worked just fine last time I tried it.
I tried it successfully 30 seconds ago.
michaeljeffreyjones

Post by michaeljeffreyjones »

On CDOL I have followed the info re changing my email address. I logged in as Stake Clerk (UK) and clicked on Edit Assignment and the following headings appear.

General Ecclesiastical Address Phone Number )ther Assignments Notes.

The place where my email address is displayed is under General,however there is no option to allow me to rectify the old email address. Has anyone any further advise that could help please,say a department that can help please.

Michael Jones Sunderland England Stake Clerk
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The calling of stake clerk is not one that is treated like a bishop or stake president in regard to email addresses. A stake clerk can change their email address in LCR or Ward Directory and Map and it will propagate to CDOL.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Cdol no longer stores email addresses for positions in wards/branches/stakes/districts. It displays/uses them directly from the person's membership information (individual email). So for all of those positions you edit the email address in LCR, Ward Directory and Map or LDS Tools as jdlessley stated.

Return to “Other Websites”